Passenger Train Working for Hull Paragon Station

Andy 53B

• RMweb Gold

Does anyone have any 'Passenger Train Working for Hull Paragon Station' please? I have a couple of these from the early 1960s, but I'm really looking for ones from 1965 to 1970.

I believe these were simply photocopied documents handed out rather than officially bound publications, mainly due to them changing and being issued on a regular basis so I don't think they will be available at the NRM archive, when we can get back in, the NERA may have some but not too sure.

Any information on these would be extremely useful

Thanks

Andy

• RMweb Premium

They are very rare, I helped compile some in the late 70s, and have a couple of odds in the collection. 

They were actually  stencilled and run off on a Roneo machine, photocopies in those days being suprisingly expensive.

Each issue would be maximum of roughly 60/70 copies, so as you say, it would be doubtful if any made it to Kew or the NRM. I will speak to a former colleage who did clear out some of the store rooms when the AMO closed and see if he managed to salvage any.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 10/02/2021 at 14:07, Simon Lee said:

Each issue would be maximum of roughly 60/70 copies, so as you say, it would be doubtful if any made it to Kew or the NRM. I will speak to a former colleage who did clear out some of the store rooms when the AMO closed and see if he managed to salvage any.

Hi Simon,

did you manage to speak to your colleague to see if he managed to salvage any of the station documentation,

Cheers

Andy

On 10/02/2021 at 14:07, Simon Lee said:

They are very rare, I helped compile some in the late 70s, and have a couple of odds in the collection. 

They were actually  stencilled and run off on a Roneo machine, photocopies in those days being suprisingly expensive.

Most of the ones I saw became very tatty after a few weeks, and often ended up in the bin.

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Andy 53B said:

Hi Simon,

did you manage to speak to your colleague to see if he managed to salvage any of the station documentation,

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy,

Unfortunately he was unable to help, any he had were from the early 60s, I have a couple from 1979/80 but that all we can find at the moment.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Simon,

thanks very much for your help it's much appreciated, the ones I've got are from the early 60's, but as far as I can gather, they were either chucked or simply used as scrap paper. If you happen to stumble across any, please let me know,

Thanks

Andy

• RMweb Gold
On 23/02/2021 at 19:41, 45125 said:

Most of the ones I saw became very tatty after a few weeks, and often ended up in the bin.

I think that's probably why they seem as rare as rocking horse do-doo, certainly they were also used as scarp paper based on the couple that I've seen