HOm Track Sleepers

MichaelE

I can't help you with the name, but I know I've seen some online in the last 6 months, I assume it's the steel sleepers that are set at an angle that you are looking for, I had an idea it was tillig but I looked on their website and can't see any I believe they are called Y-Sleepers

You are doing better than I. Never saw so much as a picture of this HOm track. I checked all the big names already, but they don't have anything like it.

I didn't know those were made of steel. The trains are always going faster than my eye can really get a good look at the sleeper.

I was looking for regular arrangement steel sleepers for H0m but couldn't find any, in the process of looking I came across the Y-Sleeper somewhere but now I have no idea where, I guess it was a small manufacturer, I had a look on google but can't see it now, you could probably 3d print the sleepers the only company I can currently find that makes scale sleepers is Heyn, but they are in larger scales https://www.modell-werkstatt.de/gleise-64mm?i=2

Brian found it, the chap he linked to is also the only person who makes working rack railway turnouts for narrow gauges, but if you think the basic track is expensive wait till you see the prices for hand made rack turnouts, I resolved to learn how to make my own  

Different subject, but I saw all of the rack parts he has for sale. Question, do the exposed axle gears on the BEMO locomotives engage these racks properly, or is it just the way BEMO designed the bogie for easier oiling of the gearset?

Hi Brian I believe HRF have decided to retire after 45 years if I read that right, they had already said they were not doing any more H0 stuff a year or more ago, it's funny their rolling stock was a work of art, but their rack track was on the whole dreadful with great big heavy plastic rack about 2 to 3 times over scale down the middle of relatively fine code 70 rail.

2 minutes ago, MichaelE said:

Different subject, but I saw all of the rack parts he has for sale. Question, do the exposed axle gears on the BEMO locomotives engage these racks properly, or is it just the way BEMO designed the bogie for easier oiling of the gearset?

Different rack specs, the Bemo engage with abt rack which basically has 2 offset racks, once upon a time they offered alternate gears to work with the riggenbacch/strub/von roll type rack (they are all different but essentially give you a single line of teeth up the middle) sadly whilst there is a standard for gear teeth (0.4 module) for H0 gauge no one produces any of these variants as a rack, that said I have a local metal laser cutter who can produce von roll style rack relatively cheaply and accurately, so one day I hope to have a go. Existing rack appears to be injection moulded plastic and with that you are looking at about £20 per meter for rail, no manufacturer makes rack points, but the german chap mentioned above can hand build them.

• Agree 1