Hornby magazine index

Piemanlarger

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Gold

On the MERG site, there is access to comprehensive index to Railway Modeller and Hornby mags. 

I, between minor things like having a life, am working on the initial stages of one for Model Railway News and its derivative Model Railways; close to 1000 issues and not in the PO Wagons index at all!

Ass an aside is there anywhere an index to loco wheelbases - if I am modeling an obscure engine is there a list which could help with real or model equivalent size?  Trawling through, eg Gibson's catalogue for most, without detailed research I have no idea outside my main area of interest.

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Brunel276 said:

I have also looked. Surely each Railway magazine should offer a digital index to its subscribers. Perhaps it exists and I am unable to find it

Perhaps they 'should', but there is no obligation that they MUST - sadly.

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, BMS said:

As an aside is there anywhere an index to loco wheelbases - if I am modeling an obscure engine is there a list which could help with real or model equivalent size?  Trawling through, eg Gibson's catalogue for most, without detailed research I have no idea outside my main area of interest.

Even Mike Sharman's book 'Wheel Specifications for the Modeller' doesn't help there, because the book is about the wheels themselves, not the distance apart!