Bachmann Dynamis Ultima

Butler

I had a Dynamis Ultima for several years, and all in all, despite the complete lack of any useful info in the manual, OR on line, it functions quite well, but with a few quirks. 

One of them is the constant message “ Ok to reset all locos”  even though I have pressed X, all the locos jerk in turn, and some become decoded! I found the cure to unplug the track feed, then press x.

But my main question is:

How can I change the default direction for each loco? It allways seems thevwrong way. I’ve tried changing the direction button before reprogramming, but it is just the same. Is there a way of changing the direction default without physically turning the loco round. Not so easy with a MU.

i would appreciate any help, I expect it’s me being thick.

B

Thank you so much, I will try and get my head round it, but it seems from your calculator that I need to go into CV 29. And change value to ( 3 according to your tool) then it will change default direction.. 

is that right? 

Brian 

10 hours ago, Butler said:

Thank you so much, I will try and get my head round it, but it seems from your calculator that I need to go into CV 29. And change value to ( 3 according to your tool) then it will change default direction.. 

is that right? 

Brian 

Possibly....

Yes, if you want "no DC running" and are using a short address in the decoder, simple speed curve, no railcom. 

No, if you are using a long address in the decoder...

Great, thanks. Can this be done on maintrack, without affecting any others, and will it change the direction of travel regardless of how it’s set now?

sorry so many questions, struggling a bit here, I grew up on valves! You could see them working lol.

brian

6 minutes ago, JimFin said:

Not on the maintrack unless the loco you wish to reprogram is the only loco on track. Service track is better / safer.

Depends if the system supports Operations Mode (Programming on the Main).   If it does, then you can program away completely safely on the main lines, but you cannot read values back(*).   Operations Mode programming is to a specific locomotive address.  

I've got no idea what the Dynamis Ultima does, but I'd have thought that a system costing that sort of money would implement Operations Mode correctly.  

(* unless you have RailCom, and compatible hardware ). 

- Nigel

Thanks, I thought so, it’s the EMU’s that are a pain to remove and refit.

im still getting this issue with “ OK to reset Locs” I thought I’d sorted it before by removing the track power, then pressing x( no) , but today after reprogramming several locos on service track, the message came up again. I unplugged the track and pressed x, but all my Consist locos either became un-consisted or de -programmed.  I just don’t get it! All other locos on track were fine .

b

Thank you, Nigelcliffe, The Dynamis certainly does have ‘ programe on the main’ feature. The more you get into this, the more complicated it becomes. I’m just fed up with reprogramming my Consist locos,which are all MU’s. 

But the reversing issue is solved, and I’m very grateful. I just wonder, without these kind of forums, how would you ever find out!