Beautiful and very inspirational.... Cant wait to hear some details of the construction and operation as Im in the middle of my first small 00 build for a long time... Little did I know how hard it would be to get basic things like - code 75 track though :telephone:

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

53 minutes ago, Ighten said:

Beautiful and very inspirational.... Cant wait to hear some details of the construction and operation as Im in the middle of my first small 00 build for a long time... Little did I know how hard it would be to get basic things like - code 75 track though :telephone:

Thanks you for the kind words. Will get some more pictures and details together soon. Yes poor Peco are really struggling with production at the moment :(

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

That is absolutely magnificent! I’m in awe of your modelling talent. It looks like something Chris Nevard would have built, and he’s built more layouts than most. 

I’ll set the ball rolling with some questions... Please could you tell us a little bit more about then station (platforms and shelter) and about the cobblestones. They are both something I wish to blatantly copy emulate on my layout!

Cheers :good:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

5 hours ago, Andrew D said:

That is absolutely magnificent! I’m in awe of your modelling talent. It looks like something Chris Nevard would have built, and he’s built more layouts than most. 

I’ll set the ball rolling with some questions... Please could you tell us a little bit more about then station (platforms and shelter) and about the cobblestones. They are both something I wish to blatantly copy emulate on my layout!

Cheers :good:

Thanks Andrew, very flattered by the comparison. I don't think i'm anywhere near his level of genius and skill! The station halt is scratch built from plasticard for the supports and wills concrete sheet for platform. The same for the shelter, it's built from evergreen corrugated styrene and various styrene strips. The bench is an old Hornby one resprayed. The whole this was airbrushed in lots of different shades of grey! The cobbles of slaters n gauge stone sheets and wills cobble sets! Hope that helps, will post up some more images of those bits and how i made them when i get home from work! :)

• Thanks 1

1st layout?? Get away... ;) cracking start :good:

I like Lincolnshire - the flat parts especially, remind me of the American mid-west, where my main railroad interests lie. Plus of course Lincolnshire was 'Bomber County'. But I digress - a bit I like on your layout that I've not seen done that way before, and looks more effective than it should, is the factory chimney :yes:    being flat it doesn't throw a shadow on the backscene, so looks much better than such items usually do at the back of a layout. It still manages to look 'solid', too, or 3-dimensional. Neat bit of modelling. :ok:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

1st layout?? Get away... ;) cracking start :good:

I like Lincolnshire - the flat parts especially, remind me of the American mid-west, where my main railroad interests lie. Plus of course Lincolnshire was 'Bomber County'. But I digress - a bit I like on your layout that I've not seen done that way before, and looks more effective than it should, is the factory chimney :yes:    being flat it doesn't throw a shadow on the backscene, so looks much better than such items usually do at the back of a layout. It still manages to look 'solid', too, or 3-dimensional. Neat bit of modelling. :ok:

Thank you for the kind words :) Still undecided about the chimney it wasn't really planned, came about to cover a join line in the backscene :)