• 3 weeks later...

Work and endless jobs has led to little progress on the layout. I did manage to knock up a couple of lights for the the platform half, copper tube, nano LED and 3d printed shade (in the process of tidying and hiding the enamel wire). Also a bit more progress on the pub :)

IMG_7612.JPG.13beb93f9faef3211a0bcc06a010c0d7.JPG

IMG_7614 2.JPG

IMG_7659 2.PNG

IMG_7593.JPG

Edited by The Lincolnshire Poacher
  • Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

The more I see 3D printing, the more I think it is possibly a way forward for me to model, given my current lack of skills! One really basic, possibly stupid question - why are things printed at an angle rather than flat?

Meanwhile am thoroughly enjoying your photos and layout, and looking forward to more in the future!

Steve S

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

The more I see 3D printing, the more I think it is possibly a way forward for me to model, given my current lack of skills!

The more I see 3D printing, the more I feel I am being left behind by advances in the hobby... 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 27/04/2021 at 23:40, SteveyDee68 said:

The more I see 3D printing, the more I think it is possibly a way forward for me to model, given my current lack of skills! One really basic, possibly stupid question - why are things printed at an angle rather than flat?

Meanwhile am thoroughly enjoying your photos and layout, and looking forward to more in the future!

Steve S

For 2 main reasons - to reduce the appearance of the layer lines especially on curved surfaces and to avoid large changes of surface areas between layers that can cause print failure and distortion.

On 28/04/2021 at 08:09, F-UnitMad said:

The more I see 3D printing, the more I feel I am being left behind by advances in the hobby... 

3D printing, at the moment anyway, is akin to resin casting or brass etching. You don't have to do it yourself to gain the benefit. As process matures perhaps more people will print at home themselves, but I find the actual printing much harder than drawing up a design!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...