Central Park - GWR 6x4!

PJ-101

I have after much consideration decided to put virtual pen to paper to create a thread for my upcoming layout.  I've been reluctant to date as I have a major house renovation and a business to run and was concerned that I might not be able to offer enough updates.  I started work on the buildings a few years ago having returned to the hobby after many years (I wasn't really any good at it back then) although I have managed to improve over these past few years from the original Ratio signal box through to the almost completed Wills craftsman goods shed, but finescale it is not!  The internet now provides such a wealth of research material and inspiration and I, as I'm sure have many others, have relied on many of the posts on this forum and others to help me along.  Partly in return, but also for my own benefit, having found that I often forget how I did something or what colour I used, I'm creating this layout thread.  I'm also hopeful that once I start constructing the layout itself I might be able to get some advise on positioning for kadee uncouplers, signals etc!   I will update the thread with many of the buildings so far either complete, or soon to be completed, but in the meantime, a brief introduction to Central Park;

Yes it's mainly GWR themed and a tail chasing 6x4!

It will be constructed in a modular way which will feature a 'front' and 'back' scene and a higher level, each of which should be replaceable with a different module.  

Front - Suburban low level station with footbridge to upper level. This will also feature brick retaining walls, a goods shed unloading bay for GWR removals service which should include use of the arches for storage (Likely to be interchangeable with a London Underground scene which would work with the town scene above - this is a little way off yet!)

Back - MPD - double engine shed, water tower, coaling stage, turntable etc. 

Upper - brewery layout which can be used as a shunting puzzle, interchangeable with a town scene with working trams on the same track plan.

The whole thing to be portable and height adjustable.

I'll post a few photo's of the build to date just to get things started....

• Friendly/supportive 1