Best ready to go crew for Hornby Terrier

Timely, as I'm just fitting loco crew myself.  P & D Marsh ref PDZ19 provides two crews, and I may be using the driver from one and fireman from the other.  They are cast metal and come painted.
There's not a lot of space, and you have to set the fireman in a position such that his shovel doesn't foul a 'plate' below the firebox hole when the body is replaced (actually, as supplied, the shovel blade is probably too large for a Terrier!).  I'm hoping  that I've judged things OK when it comes to re-assembling mine.
I had to carefully file some of the feet to obtain these results.  Next job is to paint the resulting bright exposed metal.
Being quite a heavy metal, the crew are adding a little weight behind the rear driver.  I may compensate the loco balance by adding lead in the space above the DCC-ready socket & blanking plug area, as I'm not planning to chip this loco just now.  The combined extra weight may not be much, but will aid traction on gradients which is important on our layout.

Terrier Crew 1DSC_0209.JPG

Terrier Crew 2 DSC_0210.JPG

Edited by Tony Burgess
mis-spelling
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

I used some of the Bachmann figures in our Terrier.

Photo0037-2.jpg

Some details here...

There is also some posts about the older Dapol and later Hornby Terriers, this is earlier in the thread, starting about here...

Edited by Ruffnut Thorston
Added photo
  • Informative/Useful 1