Random Filth

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Barclay said:

In fact, what's the recipe for that lovely oily gunk on the wheels and motion? 

because I've just looked at my own stuff and thought something that my teachers often said, which is "must try harder"....

Hi Barclay, the oily gunk is AK interactive Shaft& bearings Grease and/or engine oil. They make quite a few useful washes etc.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've not had much time for modelling recently but I have been tinkering with this 3D printed RSH 14" kit from Hardys Hobbies, still some tidying up and of course a little weathering to do.

IMG_3637s.jpg

IMG_3654s.jpg

IMG_3666s.jpg

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, 5050 said:

Nicely finished.  What did you use for ther wasp stripes?

Could you post some images of the whole layout?  It looks interesting and convincing.

Hi 5050, the wasp stripes are Fox transfers on yellow paint, the transfers had to be cut into smaller pieces  to get them to lie something like flat, think there are 8 sections on the back of the cab and rear bufferbeam.

Here are a couple more pictures (apologies for the non industrial ones) the first is an aerial view showing the plan, the layout started as as goods yard but I found room to squeeze an exchange siding in (At the top of the picture) There are cassettes where the track leads off to the upper left & the scenic area is 20"x48".  More pictures at at https://jpsgallery.zenfolio.com/p501481377

IMG_8175s.jpg

IMG_9414xxcls.jpg

IMG_8763s.jpg

IMG_8306xclzs.JPG

IMG_8320xclzs.JPG

Edited by 92912
  • Like 7