Hornby class 390 Pendolino coach conversions

Hi! Just finished doing the  coach U conversion from Wild Boar Fell’s page

Now I need some additional coaches. As the separate additional coaches outside of the train packs/sets are going for silly money. I thought I could cut and shut the more easily available ones.

I had obtained some spare parts from a swap meet (Remember them? Actually get to touch the models to check they were complete and then barter with a real human over the price!) with the intention of rebuilding.
I wanted to create a motor second open MSO for the 11 coach train . So stripping down a pantograph and driving coach to separate items.

The roof moulding on both coaches was removed by drilling out the locating studs.

This was then cut to produce a full length from the two sections.

78DF4104-6C75-485A-A230-57927F5FD71D.jpeg

F3FA6DB2-5898-4FFD-BB3E-961935568D79.jpeg

• Like 1

The rear roof section was cut out of the driving coach. Using this as a pattern, a similar section was cut out of  the pantograph coach. 

The new section is fitted to the ex pantograph coach.

The roof sections  are refitted and the gap is filled.

The next stage is renumbering and removing the first signs. Then touching up the red roof paint and a bit of weathering. (When it is a bit warming for painting)

It may not be 100% accurate but it stops you having a train of pantograph and first coaches.

If anyone has done any conversions, it would be great to see.

Also if anyone has full roof and side plans, to check this conversion, that would be helpful.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2