Those other mags now all have good new homes...

SteveyDee68

This may get torn down by the Moderators but just in case it doesn't...

Picked up the March issues of my favourite magazines today on a trip out to ASDA for some shopping. Was partway through the BRM issue when I had a feeling of deja vu....

Yes, I had inadvertently purchased a second copy of this month's magazine... :rolleyes:

I can try to blame the thirteen issues a year malarky, but it is more likely to be my own stupidity!

Anyway, if any RMWebber doesn't have a copy of the magazine (unlikely) and would like one sending, free gratis and postage paid for, drop me a PM with a postage address* and you are welcome to it.

Cheers

Steve S

* Sorry, first come first served as I only have one spare copy

Edited by SteveyDee68
All spare Model Rail mags now gone!
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

It's an easy mistake to make - I suspect most of us have done this at some point.

To be honest, I nearly did the same myself this time. With significant (often seemingly random) intervals between trips to the shops, it probably isn't as easy as you might think to keep track of which magazines you've got.

From your post, I take it you don't know anyone new to the hobby - or whom you're keen to see "trained". (OK - I could probably have worded this slightly better.)

When this has happened to me in the past, the spare copy has usually ended up in my backpack - so I've got something to read when travelling (strange sensation - which few of us have experienced much lately), or in waiting rooms (OK - I'm generally in decent health, if a bit overweight, but I occasionally need to see a doctor, optometrist etc).

Huw.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Huw Griffiths said:

It's an easy mistake to make - I suspect most of us have done this at some point.

Thank goodness for that! I thought it was just me!!

5 hours ago, Huw Griffiths said:

From your post, I take it you don't know anyone new to the hobby - or whom you're keen to see "trained". (OK - I could probably have worded this slightly better.)

Unfortunately not - and if nobody puts their hand up and says "yes please" I will donate it to the stack of 'free to read' magazines at my local model shop! (Having said that, on calling around to pick up a piece of track last week, I think the lack of footfall may have unseen consequences, as the stacks of magazines to the side of the door looked to have grown to the point of becoming a fire hazard! I guess folks are still donating but are unable to step inside to browse!)

Steve S

Easily done and it seems a waste to throw it away.  I have donated duplicate copies to preserved railways in the past when I've been passing- the North Norfolk at Weybourne and the Bluebell at Horsted Keynes sell them for peanuts towards their always insufficient coffers, and I'm sure there are others who would do the same.

• Agree 1

Well, as if buying a second copy of a magazine isn't embarrassing enough, I've just realised that it isn't a second copy of BRM magazine I bought, but of Model Rail magazine! :O

The person who PM'd me about BRM may no longer be interested; if so, the same offer goes for this other publication!

HOURS OF BLUSHING!

Steve S

UPDATE

My spare copy has found a new home! Consider this topic now closed!

Edited by SteveyDee68
Magazine taken!
  • Funny 1

• SteveyDee68 changed the title to Free MR mags to anyone interested...

Further to my earlier post about having bought a second copy of Model Rail magazine, I've since discovered I've done it rather more than once! (Whoops)

So, should anybody want them, I have the following I am happy to post out free gratis to anyone who can make good use of them ...

Model Rail No 32 June 2001 Class 08 - make the Bachmann shunter even more REAL!

Model Rail No 125 December 2008 Hornby 'Greyhounds' - 'T9' and HST - The two biggest models of 2008...

PM me - first come, first served!!

Steve S

Edited by SteveyDee68
Removed photos - mags gone!

Also Model Rail No 2006 November 2006 Autumn Colour

(Moderators - please feel free to move to a more appropriate forum, as this is not about BRM!!)

Er ... sorry, photo won't rotate, no idea why not!!

Edited by SteveyDee68
Removed photo - mag gone!

• SteveyDee68 changed the title to Those other mags now all have good new homes...