New Hornby products

Highly unlikely i know, but i'd love to see a class 89 one day too!

I wouldn't say "highly unlikely". They've (well not Hornby, but "they" the manufactures) have done Kestrel and Deltic, which only had one livery each. The badger had at least 3 liveries, so giving the current trend of doing the prototypes I see it as quite a possibility. You never know..... :D

Hi All,

My money would be on any one of the following done to a decent, high spec :

Class 59/0, 59/1, 59/2

Class 67

Class 73

Brighton Belle

Electrostar family ( Class 375, 376, 377, 378 encompassing most if not all variants )

Wessex Electric ( if Bachmann can pick a 'Desiro' out of thin air for their catalogue then why not ? )

Class 86 / 87 ( because it wouldn't take much effort to release a better product than Heljans 86 ? )

Class 90 / 91 ( to go with the DVT but then, why suddenly start using joined up thinking, as you'd also need new Mk3 and Mk4 coaches to meet the new spec ? )

Air Conditioned Mk2 Coaches

Fingers crossed.......

Dave

Class 90 / 91 ( to go with the DVT but then, why suddenly start using joined up thinking, as you'd also need new Mk3 and Mk4 coaches to meet the new spec ? )

I think Hornby's approach to Southern steam has shown a remarkably joined-up approach.

That being the case, and this being DEMU, what about an SR EMU being announced? A 2-Bil, maybe?

Paul

I wouldn't say "highly unlikely". They've (well not Hornby, but "they" the manufactures) have done Kestrel and Deltic, which only had one livery each. The badger had at least 3 liveries, so giving the current trend of doing the prototypes I see it as quite a possibility. You never know..... :D

I would love to see an RTR 89 too, even though it would be out of place on my layout & I have an un-built kit of one sitting at home.

Looking from a manufacturer's point of view, I would not produce a one-off. I was surprised that Kestrel & Deltic have been produced as their appeal must be limited.

Having said that, manufacturers seem to be reluctant to make any 'anonymous' locos, which can easily be re-numbered to a different member of the class.

So who knows what highly unusual, specific & useless-to-all-but-a-few model is around the corner?

I think Hornby's approach to Southern steam has shown a remarkably joined-up approach.

I'd say joined up but with a few loose knots. A Maunsell 3P set could have been produced (3-coach low-window local sets), as could a Maunsell open third, which in turn would have produced a push pull set to go behind the M7 0-4-4T.

Guest Phil

I hope you're not suggesting it'll be something with a Pantograph on....?

My apologies for using the P-word, i'll put 10p into the swear box.

Jermean the DVTs wot were built useta work wiv leccies ?

Tell that to the kids these days and they wouldn't believe you !!!!

Anyway, what is so wrong with Hornby's 86/2 and 90, and did someone also do an 87 years ago. Hmm, now let me see. Where did that moulding end up..

• RMweb Premium

Here's a thought, though highly unlikely and something of a wish - a brand new, highly detailed A1/A1X Terrier. It would suit as it's the Bluebell's 50th this year.

Here's a thought, though highly unlikely and something of a wish - a brand new, highly detailed A1/A1X Terrier. It would suit as it's the Bluebell's 50th this year.

Can honestly say for the record - not going to happen, particularly as they have already used their tooling for "Stepney" this year in a Bluebell 50th Anniversary pack.

They might upgrade the chassis in time, but it doesn't look like it's on a list of priorities for Hornby for re-tooling or re-chassising - unlike Bachmann who have said they'll work their way through the catalogue and rework some models.

That being the case, and this being DEMU, what about an SR EMU being announced? A 2-Bil, maybe?

Paul

Ah Hah! rerun, for Railroad, of the old Triang emu then?

I'll get my coat...

hopefully a re-tooled class 67 upgraded to the same spec as the class 60 B) Keith Heller possibly seeing as they have done all the other available liveries to date.

but seeing as its a DEMU launch i'd say its something Electric rather than Diesel seeing as their range is quite well catered for already.

A 90 or class 91 most likely i'd say because they can then produce an intercity 225 with the addition of the new DVT.

MK4 coaches seem to have also gone quiet lately... :unsure:

Hi All,

My money would be on any one of the following done to a decent, high spec :

Class 59/0, 59/1, 59/2

Class 67

Class 73

Brighton Belle

Electrostar family ( Class 375, 376, 377, 378 encompassing most if not all variants )

Wessex Electric ( if Bachmann can pick a 'Desiro' out of thin air for their catalogue then why not ? )

Class 86 / 87 ( because it wouldn't take much effort to release a better product than Heljans 86 ? )

Air Conditioned Mk2 Coaches

Fingers crossed.......

Dave

Ah, Missed page 3 but you beat me to what i was going to putbiggrin.gif ... But, what id also ad is...

With Bachmann working there way through a fair share of first generation Dmu’s, how about a Bachmann standard, Class 115/116 or 117, a Super duper detailed 121 or 122?

Or, as quite a fair amount of Hornby’s 2010 Range seems to be following Dapols N gauge ranges...Some Newly Detailed:

143 - Brand new model...

Or a 150 Standard, All new Class 156...

Or out of my preference, a slightly more realistic Class 153 Chassis...

And on the coaching side, new air-con Mk2s or Mk3s with DBSO?

Or finally, on the EMU Side, how about either a Southern Region 3/4 Cig, or on the overhead AC Side, the ever popular Class 303 Glasgow Blue Train ? Jumping to the modern image era, a CAF / Siemens 332/333...

Something tells me that Bachmann will really end up as the manufacturer of the Bombardier products & the various BR Mk3 based units as they seem to be working well with Bombardier so far...

Edit* Almost forgot about the Alstom Coradia & Juniper Fleets - Now that the range of TOC's liveries is ever increasing, The 180 is seeming like a worthy contender...afterall, possible liveries include FGW, Northern, First Hull Trains, Grand Central & Potentially East Coast Silver & White - unless they leave the ex First group, GNER & East Coast liveries on east coast until a new Franchise operator comes aboard...

Sorry, ill shut up nowrolleyes.gif and wait till mondaybiggrin.gif

Guest Phil

hopefully a re-tooled class 67 upgraded to the same spec as the class 60 B) Keith Heller possibly seeing as they have done all the other available liveries to date.

but seeing as its a DEMU launch i'd say its something Electric rather than Diesel seeing as their range is quite well catered for already.

A 90 or class 91 most likely i'd say because they can then produce an intercity 225 with the addition of the new DVT.

MK4 coaches seem to have also gone quiet lately... :unsure:

Erm no. The "new DVT" is the Mk3b design, whereas the IC225 was / is Mk4 stock with a Mk4 DVT which is a whole different animal.

in that case its more likely to be a 90 then. lets just hope DBS dont export them all in the meantime laugh.gif

True - The class 90 would be a worthy contender, but then again, why would they release the Pretendolino pack with the old Class 90, Mk3s & New DVT?

Ah Well, all will be revealed in the next few dayssmile.gif

Personally ive put the pacer in my list, not only because it follows Dapols new releases...but also because i wish theyd get shot of that 23 year old tooling! laugh.gif

• RMweb Gold

Ah, Missed page 3 but you beat me to what i was going to putbiggrin.gif ... But, what id also ad is...

With Bachmann working there way through a fair share of first generation Dmu’s, how about a Bachmann standard, Class 115/116 or 117, a Super duper detailed 121 or 122?

Or, as quite a fair amount of Hornby’s 2010 Range seems to be following Dapols N gauge ranges...Some Newly Detailed:

143 - Brand new model...

Or a 150 Standard, All new Class 156...

Or out of my preference, a slightly more realistic Class 153 Chassis...

And on the coaching side, new air-con Mk2s or Mk3s with DBSO?

Or finally, on the EMU Side, how about either a Southern Region 3/4 Cig, or on the overhead AC Side, the ever popular Class 303 Glasgow Blue Train ? Jumping to the modern image era, a CAF / Siemens 332/333...

Something tells me that Bachmann will really end up as the manufacturer of the Bombardier products & the various BR Mk3 based units as they seem to be working well with Bombardier so far...

Edit* Almost forgot about the Alstom Coradia & Juniper Fleets - Now that the range of TOC's liveries is ever increasing, The 180 is seeming like a worthy contender...afterall, possible liveries include FGW, Northern, First Hull Trains, Grand Central & Potentially East Coast Silver & White - unless they leave the ex First group, GNER & East Coast liveries on east coast until a new Franchise operator comes aboard...

Sorry, ill shut up nowrolleyes.gif and wait till mondaybiggrin.gif

I agree about the 'Derby' suburban units - but I'm thinking the 'Pacers' might be coming but from a different direction - from due north in fact B)

Here's a still which seems to show the train in action. Looks rather jolly.

Not sure how relevant that is to DEMU, though.

Paul

Paul

As you say certainly not relevant to DEMU

The loco looks like the original Airfix 'Wild West' loco. Maybe Hornby acquired the tooling with the rest of the Airfix/GMR tooling ?

http://pws.prserv.net/gbinet.dbjames/gmr.htm

We were told that Hornby are about to announce a number of new models and to read MREmag next Monday (8th).

The Hornby Web page confirms that the Roadshow will be attending the DEMU Showcase on the 12th and 13th.

Why would this announcement, if it is anything other than conformation of the release of existing catalogue items, appear on MREmag a week early?

Has someone put 2 + 2 together and got 5?

• RMweb Premium

I'd say joined up but with a few loose knots. A Maunsell 3P set could have been produced (3-coach low-window local sets), as could a Maunsell open third, which in turn would have produced a push pull set to go behind the M7 0-4-4T.

They will wait until I've finished my kits before announcing these, Coach...

Archived