James from Thomas the Tank Engine - Bachmann - convert to DCC guide

dragosmp

Hello everyone,

It's been 2 years since coming back to the railway modeling world and in this forum I found lots of info and great help when needed.

In the old days as a PC geek I was writing "how to" guides for that public. They were enjoyable to write and to see people finding some use in them. Most times we bang our heads until we figure the trick and then think "if I only knew" - that's what I'm aiming for, showing some tricks.

For this guide I decided to put to work some old phones and some video editing software and film guides on how to convert to DCC various locos. The first of these videos is about the James from Thomas the Tank Engine, the Bachmann variant with moving eyes. I chose this because frankly it's easy to do, easy to film and edit. You know, baby steps. This is my first video of any kind, but please don't hold back on the comments.

I'm planning lots more videos on many of the Hornby/Thomas the Train locos and a few other non-Hornby HO Gauge locos (Lima, Bachmann, Jouef...). Maybe some videos of how to wire controllers, run a basic setup on the Pi Sprog, stuff like that.

Anyway, please comment and I'll try to incude your suggestions in the next batch.

Cheers

Edited by dragosmp
*EDIT: typos