Short HYA, by Accurascale

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, montyburns56 said:

So were these created with a cut and shut job then? I can't understand how you can just take section out of them and still maintain their strength??

The joint is not a straight line.

The staggered cut retains a lot of strength.

The lower cut is in line with the top cut.

141318315_HYAshort(6).jpg.91f716f05297512f45a9b32aaf4e88fd.jpg

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Having fun searching for "Arcow" on Flickr. Then onto 6M31/6M38 and others for graffiti pics for future reference. My office desk is in sight of the line and often glance at the passing trains - having seen virtually all of the GBRf celebrity liveries (this one IMO is not the best)

Four different liveries on the first four wagons. (Although wagon #1 looks like it may have been the subject of graffiti removal)

Flickr pic - click on for details

66747 6M38 Arcow Quarry-Bredbury stone, Haw Lane Hellifield 06.08.2019

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, newbryford said:

And rummage around on secondhand shelves when allowed to do so..............

(I've looked at doing one from a Bachy HHA and it looks a p*g of a job....)

quick easy to be honest, I've done a blog about it on RM web

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, daz9284 said:

quick easy to be honest, I've done a blog about it on RM web

Whereabouts please?

The HHA is a different animal to a HTA/HRA

Edited by newbryford

5 hours ago, newbryford said:

Some with no branding at all - stills from a dodgy video 6 weeks ago (Arcow bound with a long rake of shorty HHAs)

hya3.jpg.c34b698498ec1d5383993a511c2bb436.jpg

And the obligatory graffiti

these are HYAs with RIV(?) numbering. I don't think it would take much to remove the NACCO transfer etc and hopefully Steve at Railtec will make some renumbering packs

Edited by daz9284

17 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Having fun searching for "Arcow" on Flickr.

Weirdly enough I was doing exactly that a few hours ago when I saw these were announced. I wanted to see which ones went up there, thought they'd be the tarmac variety (as I think it used to be the JGAs)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Weirdly enough I was doing exactly that a few hours ago when I saw these were announced. I wanted to see which ones went up there, thought they'd be the tarmac variety (as I think it used to be the JGAs)

On the Rylstone and Arcow flows, basically anything goes. The Tarmac HYAs, the NACCO HYAs, the blank HYAs, the VTG HHAs

Edited by daz9284
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, daz9284 said:

I know it is, like I said I have done a blog about it cutting one down into the VTG HHA

Well that’s you told Mick!

Great announcement AS. It will no doubt see me buying yet another Accurascale wagon rake. Keep up the amazing work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, TomScrut said:

As Daz says, hoppers of many varieties, but I've never seen the Tarmac JGAs that run out of Rylstone on Arcow jobs (never say never).

JNA-T boxes appear on flows that don't have hopper discharge. Plan blue or grey VTG, but mostly GBRF branded blue -  available via Revolution Trains

When the quarry reopened to rail, Freightliner HIAs and MJA twins were common with GBRf traction.

edit for clarity.

Edited by newbryford

42 minutes ago, newbryford said:

but I've never seen the Tarmac JGAs that run out of Rylstone (never say never).

I was thinking Arcow but I think Rylstone must be where most went. Searching Rylstone JGA gets you some (I'm on a phone so linking to Flick is a nuisance if sharing is disabled), I have edited this as I misunderstood you, I now think you were confirming what I am saying....

I am talking hoppers not the more recent cement wagons (but I think you know that).

GBRf - 66788

And on the topic of shorty HYAs, this is one I'll probably recreate

Country Shed

Got the loco, and will probably have the 3 Tarmac packs and the Nacco.

Edited by TomScrut
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

I was thinking Arcow but I think Rylstone must be where most went. Searching Rylstone JGA gets you some (I'm on a phone so linking to Flick is a nuisance if sharing is disabled), I have edited this as I misunderstood you, I now think you were confirming what I am saying....

i have edited my post - (never seen the Tarmac JGAs out of Arcow)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Dicky L said:

These look great, any plans for a tail lamp version?

Packs 1 of each main livery contain a wagon with working tail lamp. Battery powered, switching will be accomplished with a provided magnetic wand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, McC said:

Packs 1 of each main livery contain a wagon with working tail lamp. Battery powered, switching will be accomplished with a provided magnetic wand. 

Excellent I am guilty of not noticing that in the photos. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, McC said:

And uttering the words.

"Taillampus Offus" or "Taillampus Onus"................

• Funny 4

12 hours ago, newbryford said:

Having fun searching for "Arcow" on Flickr. Then onto 6M31/6M38 and others for graffiti pics for future reference. My office desk is in sight of the line and often glance at the passing trains - having seen virtually all of the GBRf celebrity liveries (this one IMO is not the best)

Four different liveries on the first four wagons. (Although wagon #1 looks like it may have been the subject of graffiti removal)

Flickr pic - click on for details

66747 6M38 Arcow Quarry-Bredbury stone, Haw Lane Hellifield 06.08.2019

Love the paint job on the 66 - am I right in saying it's not available on a RTR model (or have I just not seen it)?

Graham