Introducing Nussbach, Swiss RhB in NM9

Nutbrook

At the East end of the station is the scissors crossover between the two lines, also the two track loco sidings which hold locos between duties. There is another platform which I have plans for, but you'll have to wait for this one as further development is required for this one.

P1050493.JPG.2f58877d5713831ea5ecb82f4da48a6a.JPG

Bonus shot

P1050492.JPG.ee382f702db29915d88784af94aed282.JPG

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

That’s really great progress, coming along nicely. I’m getting a Filisur + bay kind of a vibe from the high level view. I wish that station building had been available when I did mine. 

Edited by Frutigen
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I've got some similar trackage on my current layout and I'm intending spreading Woodland Scenics Foam Putty between parallel Unitrack, then copydexing a layer of ballast on top of that, so it doesn't seem like such a dip between the tracks where,  I think, it would be just be ballast all the way up. I find the Foam Putty is lovely to work with, light weight and finger-friendly.

Looking at track in the UK, the ballast between tracks can peak up.

What I don't want to do is use more ballast than I would have using Peco track!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frutigen said:

That’s really great progress, coming along nicely. I’m getting a Filisur + bay kind of a vibe from the high level view. I wish that station building had been available when I did mine. 

Cheers Keith, that's how I loosely based my station on (Filisur), the bay platform was very much an afterthought but it works well. I have installed a isolation section towards the end of platform 2 so I can run a train to the end of the platform, switch it off then bring an allegra from the opposite direction into the bay. Connecting trains, do you think it'll catch on here......

1 hour ago, PeterStiles said:

I've got some similar trackage on my current layout and I'm intending spreading Woodland Scenics Foam Putty between parallel Unitrack, then copydexing a layer of ballast on top of that, so it doesn't seem like such a dip between the tracks where,  I think, it would be just be ballast all the way up. I find the Foam Putty is lovely to work with, light weight and finger-friendly.

Looking at track in the UK, the ballast between tracks can peak up.

What I don't want to do is use more ballast than I would have using Peco track!

Thanks Peter, I'll check the foam putty out next time I visit my local model shop ( I'm lucky I have a really good model shop in my town) I use copydex to fasten my track down, good stuff it is. On the ballast shoulders in stations the ballast lies fairly flat with the track. 

Steve 

• 2 months later...

I run the railway most days but very rarely take any photos, but today I  brushed the dust off the camera.

P1050499.JPG.8ae25e2080de37ec83b13538e83ab642.JPG

Masts are up in this area although you'll have to look hard to see them and even harder to see the wires !!

P1050501.JPG.d5bf5380eba5051e9ea377ef39542285.JPG

• Like 6