Help with Point Motors! At wits end

JohnR

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, JohnR said:

Thanks Kevin. I agree it would (in hindsight as with everything else on this layout!) been better to use different coloured wires. But I had purchased some Gaugemaster point motor wire (Red, Black and Green) and their Power feed wire (red and black). 

The yellow and blue wires are from the Peco SL-50 switch module, which contains the Peco SL-26 switches. For some reason I cant fathom (got enough trouble working out everything else), it is designed to have both power feeds go into the switch, and the common plug in at the back with the red/black (you can see the wiring going up for each of the 4 point motors just above the 2 PM1s.

So the black box is the Peco CDU PL-35.

You have a red wire & red/black wire on the RHS, which should be connected to your 16 V AC.

The yellow/blue wires take the output from the CDU to your PL-50 (not SL-50, as that is a roll of foam underlay!) switch box.

With the 3 output terminals of the SL-26 switches, the centre (green) one should go to the C solder pad of each SEEP.

The top & bottom go to A & B of the same SEEP. Swapping them around will reverse the SEEP motor coils.

Has your multimeter turned up yet? You need to take some voltage measurements.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Kevin,

Yes, its the Peco CDU. My multimeter has arrived, and it has helped to track down some of these problems.

I'm now waiting for the new CDU to arrive, with a separate power supply before I do anything else. 

• Like 1