Printing scalescenes pdf

rovex

Hi all.

I'm looking for some help in printing the scalescenes kits to get them actual size.

I have downloaded the pdf, in this case the low relief shops. I have printed them off. But in measuring them they don't seem to be full size.

I'm printing for OO and so the timber framed shop should be 65 mm wide. But instead it is under 60. 

I have checked the printing size and this is set to "actual size".

The only way to get it to print to what I think is the correct width is to scale it up. But then it's not fitting onto A4?

Any clues what I am doing wrong

Rovex

• RMweb Gold

Don't forget that the overall size is the finished size. You may have side walls to add onto the front that will make it wider.

Normally there is a scale bar printed on the sheet to check the size.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, brossard said:

You can use the free ruler to check:

https://scalescenes.com/wp-content/uploads/Scale_Ruler.pdf

Note that the printer should be set to 100%.

I don't have the kit you name so I can't check at my end.

However, this is what my screen looks like for another kit:

Picture1.png.c3d1b38b7a9bef978230fa570975ff47.png

John

I think the answer is in the image above, your paper size setting is 8.5 x 11 (American Letter) and the page image you are sending out to be printed is slightly longer 8.3 x 11.7 (A4 European).

With that the printer has to either shrink it as it thinks the image is bigger than the paper or will crop the edges off. Assuming you are using A4 paper stock in the printer that is the setting you need to change.

Hope this helps.

Edited by john new
Clarity
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

Thanks everyone for the responses. 

I've printed off the test sheet and at full size/100% setting it prints to more or less the full size.

Presumably this means the kit is printing to the right size.

But I'm still puzzled because the timber framed shop is the only one that doesn't have projecting side walls and do I would expect to be the right size that is the given measurement of 65mm wide. But it isn't? 

Other than the test sheet I can't see a ruler on this kit?

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, rovex said:

Thanks everyone for the responses. 

I've printed off the test sheet and at full size/100% setting it prints to more or less the full size.

Presumably this means the kit is printing to the right size.

But I'm still puzzled because the timber framed shop is the only one that doesn't have projecting side walls and do I would expect to be the right size that is the given measurement of 65mm wide. But it isn't? 

Other than the test sheet I can't see a ruler on this kit?

Is it this kit? https://scalescenes.com/product/t005-low-relief-high-street/   Just wondering if the 65mm includes the adjacent stone building’s walls. The dimensions graphic is a bit vague as to what it drops on. 

• Like 1

On the FAQ page, John says:

Within the Adobe Reader print window, please just ensure that 'Page scaling - none' or 'Actual size' is selected in the Adobe Reader print window. If 'Fit’ or 'Shrink oversized pages’ is enabled then the sheet will print out at the incorrect scale. You may also need to check that your print scaling is set to 100%  within your printer options (as opposed to the Adobe Reader's separate print window). You can access this from your printer’s options box.

To check that your printer is printing at the correct scale, you can also print out my colour and scale calibration test sheet.