LSWR Locomotive Liveries 1900 to 1923

Can anyone advise what liveries were applied specifically to the Adams A12 Jubilee Class locomotive please. 

OO works have announced that their next release will be the Adams Jubilee but that the LSWR version will be finished in Holly Green with pale green lining. I always understood this to be the goods locomotive livery. I know that the Jubilees were a mixed traffic loco but all the photos I've seen of them are in Adams Pea Green with black and white lining and later in Drummonds more elaborate Royal Green with brown, black and white lining.

Cheers,

Chris

Then they were painted in the darker Urie green.  I've checked Bradley and he says nothing about livery until the SR painted them olive green.  I've looked through the SWC photographic collection and post war the Jubilees are definitely a dark colour but some obviously have "passenger" lining.  It may be caused by the Urie livery fading and the photographic emulsion.

I'm not going to write that no Jubilees were painted in holly green, but I have no evidence that they were. 

Bill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

This livery question has been resolved in the topic regarding the OO Works Adams Jubilee, Under 'Smaller Suppliers'.

Thanks to Graham_Muz and Edwardian. We are fairly certain that the Jubilees were always in LSWR  passenger livery and not goods livery.

Cheers,

Chris

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1