Peco code 75 to 100 Transition Track

niteshadex

Does anyone know of any issues with the Peco item #SL-113 code 75 to 100 transition track? My layout is in code 100 but I’m going to have to use code 75 on certain areas for a number of reasons, one being that they don’t make the Peco double-slip in electrofrog code 100, only code 75. I want to know if anyone has has any issues with the SL-113 transition track. Thanks

I have quite a few of them on my layout between scenic code 75 and fiddle yard code 100 streamline / setrack.  No issues at all.  There is a slight height difference which a shim of plastikard can be used for or just leave them suspended on the fishplates - they are short, so they only ever take the weight of one axle.

Teabag

Another option to consider might be the SL-112 code 75 to code 100 rail joiners.  Not always easy to find (but then that's true of a lot of Peco stuff at the moment, including the SL-113s) but at least one eBay seller has them in stock: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PECO-SL-112-OO-CODE-75-TO-CODE100-INSULATIVE-OR-CONDUCTIVE-RAIL-JOINERS/313415308860.  At roughly the same price for a pack of 12 - making 6 track joints in all - compared to one converter track, they work out a fair bit cheaper.  No experience of them myself but a search on RMWeb should turn up some relevant threads.

• RMweb Premium

My solution is to slide a code 100 joiner halfway onto the code 100 rail and squash it with a pair of pliers. The solder the code 75 on top of it. It usually comes out pretty close.

You may be hestiant about soldering to an expensive piece of specialwork.

I mistakenly tried budgeting by using code 100 for 3 lengths of 5ft fiddle yard while having code 75 points connected to it. I used the transition tracks but found that the links on two of the pieces went open circuit when I tried soldering dropper to them (possibly overkill).

I would stick to one code if I were to do it again. 

• Like 1