Suitable replacement buffers for a H/D Co-Bo

cypherman

• RMweb Gold

How about these?

http://www.lanarkshiremodels.com/lanarkshiremodelsandsupplieswebsite_136.htm

You may have to modify them to look right on the HD model to get them on/in the pedestals/shrouds

No connection with company other than a very happy customer

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, cypherman said:

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the link. I cannot tell from the picture as to whether they are round or oval buffers. I need oval buffers for this engine.

As per product description on link page.... British Railways Oval Loco buffer 1’8''1/2''. Fitted to BR Standard 2-6-4Tanks and early BR diesels.

HTH

3 hours ago, cypherman said:

Hi iI Grifone,

I checked and unfortunately he has none. The nearest I can find to the original buffers are a set of sprung Hornby class 31 buffers.

Yes none at the moment, but he does update every Sunday. A request might bring results, he is very helpful.

'Scale' buffers are nearer to the prototype whereas the Dublo are beefed up for the toy market. Really it depends whether you wish to 'detail' or 'restore' the model.

Edited by Il Grifone

2 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

As per product description on link page.... British Railways Oval Loco buffer 1’8''1/2''. Fitted to BR Standard 2-6-4Tanks and early BR diesels.

HTH

Thanks Phil, Sounds just what I need. Really must learn to read the small print..... lol

• Like 2