Need help with paint identification.

Hi all,

I need help getting the right shade of yellow for the front panels of my Deltic. I am happy to use either enamel or acrylic paint. But for some reason every time I do a search all I get is either gloss or matt. Not satin yellow paint.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

5 minutes ago, cypherman said:

Thank you both for the info. Can you tell me if either are satin/matt or gloss.

Humbrol 24, Trainer yellow is matt, Revell code15. Use Humbrol satin varnish 135.

Edited by 33C
added detail
  • Informative/Useful 1

7 hours ago, Harlequin said:

According to that link, that colour is available in Satin (Dull) and Gloss finish and is used for "signal arms, vehicles, brakedown trains and Warning Panels from introduction until 1985." For post 1985, there is this shade which is available in Satin (Dull) finish only. I've not tried either shade myself so cannot vouch for the finish. Railmatch also do the post 1985 colour in acrylic (and possibly the earlier colour too, I'm not sure), but I cannot vouch for the finish on any of these either.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Railmatch do a warning panel yellow in enamel and acrylic. Many model shops carry it. If you want a Humbrol paint delivered and are an amazon prime customer, it is worth looking at Amazon as they have some (but not all) paints at the standard rrp including postage. They do appear to have a limit on how many you can purchase however, I found that out the other day. 

• Informative/Useful 1