If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

Wanted - OO gauge Lineside stuff

halsey

• RMweb Gold

Hi

I am looking for what I would describe as OO gauge "lineside stuff" to suit Era's 3 and 4 

I quite literally don't have any items to "embellish" my layout so happy to take job lots etc etc 

Thinking of wagon loads, barrels, sacks, loco shed items, goods yard items, people trolleys etc etc .......please PM me with any thoughts offers (photo(s) please) 

Happy to pay the going rate just trying to avoid eBay premiums and to encourage you to dig out old stuff...........

Thanks for reading this

J

Edited by halsey
  • Like 1

• halsey changed the title to Wanted - OO gauge Lineside stuff
  • RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, ikcdab said:

Scalescenes have easy kits you can download and build

Thanks but its more the type of items as mentioned in the o p - sacks, barrels, loads, trolleys pallets people etc etc 

• RMweb Gold

Roxey do some rather nice sack trucks and trolleys, and you can make your own sack, bags, boxes, crates, packing cases, etc. out of painted Milliput, the advantage of this being that they are all similar but no two are identical.  Wooden structures can be fabricated from Sainsbury's/Motorway Services/Wetherspoons/Burger King type coffee stirrers once we're out of lockdown, cut in half lengthways to make planks, and matchsticks split lengthways can be used for coal staithes and that sort of thing.  Anything more specific, like benches, fencing or railway signage, is probably best bought RTP, but such things are not expensive.

Modelu 3D prints of loco depot items such as oil cans are avaialable, and you probably want some fire sand buckets to hang on the side of your station buildings as well.  Lamp huts usually had a small wooden bench outside on which the lamp reservoirs can be conveniently filled, and an oil drum on trestles provides the oil.  The trestles can be made from matchsticks and the drum from anything cylindrical of suitable size, with thin strip at the top and bottom for the rims, piece of bent wire for the taps.  Ratio/Parkside concrete fencing includes notices and some standpipe taps, handy outside cabins and one on the platform to supply water for catering vehicles and coaches with toilets, coil up some thin wire to represent the hose

Depending on your period, you may want a few milk churns about the place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Roxey do some rather nice sack trucks and trolleys, and you can make your own sack, bags, boxes, crates, packing cases, etc. out of painted Milliput, the advantage of this being that they are all similar but no two are identical.  Wooden structures can be fabricated from Sainsbury's/Motorway Services/Wetherspoons/Burger King type coffee stirrers once we're out of lockdown, cut in half lengthways to make planks, and matchsticks split lengthways can be used for coal staithes and that sort of thing.  Anything more specific, like benches, fencing or railway signage, is probably best bought RTP, but such things are not expensive.

Modelu 3D prints of loco depot items such as oil cans are avaialable, and you probably want some fire sand buckets to hang on the side of your station buildings as well.  Lamp huts usually had a small wooden bench outside on which the lamp reservoirs can be conveniently filled, and an oil drum on trestles provides the oil.  The trestles can be made from matchsticks and the drum from anything cylindrical of suitable size, with thin strip at the top and bottom for the rims, piece of bent wire for the taps.  Ratio/Parkside concrete fencing includes notices and some standpipe taps, handy outside cabins and one on the platform to supply water for catering vehicles and coaches with toilets, coil up some thin wire to represent the hose

Depending on your period, you may want a few milk churns about the place. 

All good informative stuff - thanks for this - lots in there to digest - I will do some further research based on your info - thanks again.

I cant find the Roxey sacks and trolleys.........

J

Edited by halsey

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Ten Commandments do a whole host of stuff .

tencommandmentmodels.co.Uk 

Spot on thanks and reasonable pricing - I'll work out an order and give them a try next week see what I can put together - a lot of it is too modern so I'll have a careful look 

J

Edited by halsey
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I've got a pack of Ten Commandments wooden packing crates you can have if they're of any use.

1903482901_packingcrates.jpg.33407b53f6b81df331ed4f0b1de8af25.jpg

Also a few miscellaneous huts/container/advertising hoarding (mostly built from Wills kits);

misc.jpg.02fb1d43a6519b5bf908e2b6eef82f58.jpg

PM me if they're of any interest. 

Andy

Think laterally, Imagineer outside the tin.    Skips are a wonderous source of raw material.   Old delaminating thin plywood makes lovely planks, wooden fences, and even buildings.   Computers are full of capacitors which after a dunking in brown gunge look very much like barrels of something or other when crammed into wagons, connector blocks can be remodelled to represent engine blocks and all sorts of industrial bits and clock / watch gears make lovely OO scrap. 

The pricy item is model people, sods to paint expensive to buy or look like anorexic midgets if you buy the 1/100 scale  "OO/HO" people produced by ********, instead of the accurate down to the sort of tobacco in the pipe modelled by ******

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for this - just what I needed to give me nudge - lots going on in the house this month but with gaps when I will want distracting - "imagineering" is a great phrase!

BFN

J