Class 66 Loksound v5 volume question

AchimK

Hello all

I have a Hattons 66 with an ESU V5 with legomanbiffo (new2020 version from dckits-devideos) and a double iphone speaker. 

Everything works but the drive sound is way fainter than the other sound effects. The horns blow your socks off, blimey, like Titanic parked on the driveway. 

I have the full function key and CV mapping and everything seems to be set to a value of 128 in the decoder (I read out the CVs).

Any ideas as to what I can do to get the drive sound louder or should I just reduce the rest?

There appear to be two CVs associated with F1 (sound on/off) which are 259 (I know about that one) and 419. Changing CV419 doesn's seem to do anything.

Anyone knows what CV419 is for?

All best wishes, stay safe and thanks for your answers.

• RMweb Gold

Reduce the rest is about the only choice.

Be aware the individual sound slot volumes on ESU are indexed CV's so unless you set the correct CV's in order you won't actually be changing what you think you are changing.

It's much easier with a LokProgrammer or Decoder Pro but if those aren't an option read the helpsheet available from the dckits website very carefully on the section about volume adjustments.

• Thanks 1

Hi Achim

why don't you simply set the volume CV (I think it should be (CV31=16, CV32=1) CV259) to a higher value ?

CV 419 is volume slot 21 so seems to be a secondary drive sound.

BTW: why don't you download the free LokProgrammer software?

With that it took me 15 seconds to find out what these 2 CVs are doing.

Edited by Hamburger

21 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Hi Achim

why don't you simply set the volume CV (I think it should be (CV31=16, CV32=1) CV259) to a higher value ?

CV 419 is volume slot 21 so seems to be a secondary drive sound.

BTW: why don't you download the free LokProgrammer software?

With that it took me 15 seconds to find out what these 2 CVs are doing.

Hello Hamburger

Phantastic advice - I hadn't heard of it. Much appreciated. 

Everything is clearly on the website as below:

Function Key Layout for ESU/LOKSOUND V5 Sound Decoders.

F0 Lights 

F1 Sound On/Off                                                                                       CV259-128        CV419-50

F2 Playable High Horn (Original OR Later Versions).                                                     CV435-128

F3 Playable Low Horn (Original OR Later Versions).                                                      CV443-128

F4 Buffer clash when moving slowly, coupling hook when stationary.                      CV283-128

F5 Playable brake application (when moving) / Brake dump (when stationary.       CV291-80    

F6 Driver's door slam (3 X Random Slams.)                                                                    CV299-128

F7 Compressor speed-up.                                                                                                   

F8 DriveLock.                                                                                                                        CV267-0

F9 Variable speed flange squeal (speed dependent).                                                   CV323-128

F10 Not Used.

F11 RETB Token Request & Optional reply.                                                                    CV339-50

F12 Automatic cooler group fan.                                                                                      CV347-128

F13 Sanders.                                                                                                                         CV355-128

F14 Automatic 'radar hiss'.                                                                                                 CV363-128                    

F15 Spirax Valves.                                                                                                                CV315-128

F16 Not used

F17 Windscreen Wash/Wipe.                                                                                             CV387-128

F18 Detonators (Speed Dependant Flash enabled)                                                       CV395-128

F19 Aux 1 (Cab Lights).                                                                                                        CV421-128

Hope this helps.    Charlie

On 24/02/2021 at 18:40, charliepetty said:

Everything is clearly on the website as below:

Function Key Layout for ESU/LOKSOUND V5 Sound Decoders.

F0 Lights 

F1 Sound On/Off                                                                                       CV259-128        CV419-50

F2 Playable High Horn (Original OR Later Versions).                                                     CV435-128

F3 Playable Low Horn (Original OR Later Versions).                                                      CV443-128

F4 Buffer clash when moving slowly, coupling hook when stationary.                      CV283-128

F5 Playable brake application (when moving) / Brake dump (when stationary.       CV291-80    

F6 Driver's door slam (3 X Random Slams.)                                                                    CV299-128

F7 Compressor speed-up.                                                                                                   

F8 DriveLock.                                                                                                                        CV267-0

F9 Variable speed flange squeal (speed dependent).                                                   CV323-128

F10 Not Used.

F11 RETB Token Request & Optional reply.                                                                    CV339-50

F12 Automatic cooler group fan.                                                                                      CV347-128

F13 Sanders.                                                                                                                         CV355-128

F14 Automatic 'radar hiss'.                                                                                                 CV363-128                    

F15 Spirax Valves.                                                                                                                CV315-128

F16 Not used

F17 Windscreen Wash/Wipe.                                                                                             CV387-128

F18 Detonators (Speed Dependant Flash enabled)                                                       CV395-128

F19 Aux 1 (Cab Lights).                                                                                                        CV421-128

Hope this helps.    Charlie

Does very much, also thank you for your email!