Mask tips

Hi

I’m starting to paint a brass kit I’ve assembled and am looking for some advice on various points.  I’ve tried googling “mask” and “coach” but mysteriously I get an awful lot of hits about covid, journeys etc which is not terribly helpful...

I’ve primed in rattle can red oxide which looks a good match for the red

drop lights of GWR liveried stock.  As such, it struck me as sensible to mask those bits rather than repaint.  Is that sensible and is it best to use to use masking fluid?

I presume it makes sense to start with the lighter cream and finish with the darker colours?

Lastly, I’ve read that a lot of people would recommend cellulose paint.  From a bit of Googling, I’ve found this company http://www.express-paints.co.uk/mr-aerosol-custom-mixed-cellulose-aerosol-400ml/. What experience do people have on this type of service, any pitfalls and which car colour is the best match for GWR colours?

thanks

David

• RMweb Premium

Theres a thread pinned on here listing car paint matches.

To be honest I'd find it too much hassle masking drop lights and just paint them afterwards personally.

I generally find rattle cans dont last forever so I'd only have one mixed up if I was going to get good use of it pretty quickly. Try and get some spare nozzles if possible

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1