Who's going to be the first...?

JSModels

On 16/03/2021 at 11:56, 70000 Britannia said:

I reckon that is the first ever, photographic evidence of a formation of low-lying UFOs in Nottingham.

Last year, weekend before lockdown I believe. 

We've booked the same community centre for a show this year on the 18th-19th September 

Is it only a year??

Edited by great central
Add last paragraph
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

We're potentially looking at WIncanton going ahead.  Although, we're leaving it a couple months and chating with the Location to see if their cloudly balls are the same as ours!!

We're lucky in that we dont have a huge outley to start with, although with what may be required this year with addtional barriers, hand wash, cleaning, etc. We're need to weight it up

And organsiing, we have last years bookings and plan. ALthough no doubt this may need tweeking to various rules

All you can do is be hopeful. FInger crossed, if not, its already sorted for the next one!!

• Friendly/supportive 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

The weekend after restrictions are due to end is the planned date for the Lymm Transport Festival (https://www.lymmtransport.org.uk/).  Part of this event's regular offerings is a small model railway exhibition in the village hall.  Subject to any COVID restrictions that might still apply in the end of course, there will be probably about four layouts on show.  I'll be there giving a friend a hend with his layout, Star Lane (https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/67894-star-lane-hooley/), which is coming up all the way from Sussex.  I'm not sure if such a small show counts as "the first" after lockdown, but the whole event is massive a worth a visit.  Two tips; firstly, use the park and ride to get there (with lovely classic busses) do not try and drive into the village!  Secondly, please purchase your entry wristband in advance as they're keen to minimise any queues.

• Like 2

Just wanted to say a big thank you to all those who are organising exhibitions this year. Your efforts are really appreciated. 

I got the second jab yesterday so (given that I'm not yet 50) I would imagine most people at risk will be fully vaccinated by midsummer. Looking forward to exhibitions again... 

• Like 3
  • Agree 4

This week's Ellis Clark update brings some welcome cheer, they are confirmed for GETS in October and Warley.

So accepting there could be another lockdown and we should take nothing for granted yet, two big shows are most definitely planning to be back later this year.

Jabbed and ready to mingle....

• RMweb Premium

Any word on the likelihood of Peterborough going ahead this year please, or 2022 Ally Pally either?

Need to get the adhoc leave booked!

4 hours ago, John M Upton said:

Any word on the likelihood of Peterborough going ahead this year please, or 2022 Ally Pally either?

Need to get the adhoc leave booked!

@AY Mod will know more detail, but I did Know that Peterborough Show Ground is a vaccination centre but Ally Pally is already advertising events.

4 hours ago, Legend said:

I'm hoping Model Rail Scotland in Glasgow  Feb 22

The SEC appears to have been handed back by NHS Scotland, the nearby SSE Hydro is a vaccination centre still.  But that looks hopeful that something may be planned, of course it depends how welcoming Glasgow will be then as it is still partially in lockdown now with the Scottish Government taking a different direction to the English Government.

Just been on the site: https://www.sec.co.uk/events/detail/model-rail-2022

At the very worst it is a placeholder that shows intent to run the show next year.

Edited by woodenhead

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

@AY Mod will know more detail, but I did Know that Peterborough Show Ground is a vaccination centre but Ally Pally is already advertising events.

Peterborough - No.

Doncaster - Highly Likely - TBC around October

Ally Pally - Yes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Informative/Useful 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Sadly it looks like our October Exhibition is no more.. The Hall we used to hire has stopped hiring permanently (it's a church hall). It's going to be used for Church purposes only.

That means we have no hall, our main sponsor can't afford it this year anyway, having been closed for most of the year.. And when they can, there isn't a hall nearby we can use..

• Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
On 12/05/2021 at 15:49, Phatbob said:

The weekend after restrictions are due to end is the planned date for the Lymm Transport Festival (https://www.lymmtransport.org.uk/).  Part of this event's regular offerings is a small model railway exhibition in the village hall.  Subject to any COVID restrictions that might still apply in the end of course, there will be probably about four layouts on show.  I'll be there giving a friend a hend with his layout, Star Lane (https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/67894-star-lane-hooley/), which is coming up all the way from Sussex.  I'm not sure if such a small show counts as "the first" after lockdown, but the whole event is massive a worth a visit.  Two tips; firstly, use the park and ride to get there (with lovely classic busses) do not try and drive into the village!  Secondly, please purchase your entry wristband in advance as they're keen to minimise any queues.

Sorry to report folks that this event has been cancelled. :banghead:

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

The 16mm association Garden Railway Show is going ahead at Peterborough this Saturday which must be one of the first shows to be put on? Although primarily for the benefit of members, and for the AGM, it is open to all although Tickets are limited and must be purchased in advance. Details here:

https://www.nationalgardenrailwayshow.org.uk/2021-show/