Sutton's Locomotive Works *NEW* Class 25

Nick G

25 minutes ago, Davidjsmith said:

www.tomfosterweathering.wordpress.com
If you need the Best 25 Model get it weathered by one of the Best weathers (other ones are available).But Tom is my recommendation!

Thank you for the recommendation.

I think a model of this quality deserves the very best treatment. I'm not shy of weathering but I think I'll have a go at another one at a later date!

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Davidjsmith said:

www.tomfosterweathering.wordpress.com
If you need the Best 25 Model get it weathered by one of the Best weathers (other ones are available).But Tom is my recommendation!

I'd echo that. Tom's done some work for me and it is superb.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, zr2498 said:

Is it still planned to go 'live' for the RAT on the web site today? I resisted the temptation to call!

I didn't get chance to call last week, so i am waiting on the new site (though I did take advantage of finally ordering scottish 24/1’s in the last few minutes).

• RMweb Gold

All this resisting the temptation to call, you miss out on a chat with Phil if he has time!

As for they way they operate - he is more than happy for telephone orders, just look at the website: "The simplest and easiest way to order is to call us on 01780 470086 between 10.00 and 19.00, any day, including the weekend. Please be patient if the line is unavailable or engaged since we are a small operation with just two members of staff. We will be closed on Bank Holidays."

Roy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I can recommend the phone route. My two phone calls to date have resulted in pleasant conversations with Heather and Phil, much better than clicking mouse buttons. Just need to find another excuse to call and hopefully get to speak with Jamie. Maybe when the Haggis hint is firmed up.

PJ10

Edited by PJ10
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chilly said:

As far as I can see just showing 24's?

Phoned and ordered D7599 looking forward to this and can now stop looking at Heljan and Bachmann versions/threads on this :read: 

Right whats next....................

4 minutes ago, Chilly said:

Phoned and ordered D7599 looking forward to this and can now stop looking at Heljan and Bachmann versions/threads on this :read: 

Right whats next....................

Heljan or Bachmann could soon make up for the loss by producing a class 310 EMU..

My 25/3(s) will be living under wires and that would give them something fun to drag around on "shut off " Sundays!

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, InterCitySpud said:

Heljan or Bachmann could soon make up for the loss by producing a class 310 EMU..

My 25/3(s) will be living under wires and that would give them something fun to drag around on "shut off " Sundays!

We certainly need more units. Been looing at the RevolutioN N gauge PEP stock and wishing it was 4mm :(

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

All this resisting the temptation to call, you miss out on a chat with Phil if he has time!

As for they way they operate - he is more than happy for telephone orders, just look at the website: "The simplest and easiest way to order is to call us on 01780 470086 between 10.00 and 19.00, any day, including the weekend. Please be patient if the line is unavailable or engaged since we are a small operation with just two members of staff. We will be closed on Bank Holidays."

Roy

Roy

Thanks for the 'push', telephone order was easy enough - D7599.

The web site site update is 'work in progress.

David

23 hours ago, Nick G said:

Shared with permission from Phillip.

Class25pp-sidesq.jpg

Good grief, thats the money shot right there! I forsee only one problem...This could get expensive!

As others have said, one pleasant phone call and a bit of a chin wag and your wallet will be made considerably lighter come late summer.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

On 26/02/2021 at 09:38, WhiteRoseRambler said:

Forgive me if I have misunderstood your post but if you are thinking of buying a Heljan ETHEL to provide a push you will be disappointed. The Heljan offering does not have a motor. The SLW version, does. :)

...and it shouldn't have, if we are going to be pedantic 

• RMweb Gold

Works Visits from Derby Sulzer site not sure when it got its tops number?

Works visits (records incomplete).

Noted Derby Works July & September 1966. 
Noted Crewe Works March 1970. 
Noted Crewe Works June 1975 (Classified assumed, repainted into blue livery?)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, WhiteRoseRambler said:

One of the options available is 25260 in Green with FYE. I have searched Flickr and Google but can't seem to find any photos of said loco in this condition. Does any one please know what timescales we are looking at for 25260 in this livery. Many thanks.

I've been trying to find pics too but to no avail

• Like 1

Latest teaser from SLW Facebook page:

SOMETHING IS HEATING UP (UNDER THE GRILLE)

Another small taster picture of our new Class 25, showing ETHEL 3's (No. 97252) body fitted with an unpainted shoulder grille for clarity. This characteristic feature of the flat-sided 'Rats' has been photo-etched in stainless steel and carefully formed to the cantrail curvature. You should (just) be able to see the air filters through these on the finished models. 

156353098_1176958989402130_3060448640604672877_o.jpg

Edited by Nick G
  • Like 17
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold

Just ordered 25 324 with sound and supercap. Excellent service by phone, and painless so far, (no money taken from card yet, only when model is dispatched). Now what to do with my Bachmann type 2s? 

• Like 2

On 28/02/2021 at 00:48, P.C.M said:

I have been reading through this thread but I can't find a date that the model will be released. It's possible I have missed it but any info on when it's due would be great.

Cheers Peter.

'Autumn......'

7 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

If we are being really pedantic it should have a motor, just not one that makes it move ;)

Roy

If we are being really pedantic it might have a Sulzer prime mover that makes a noise (and the Heljan one will allow wiring of a sound chip) but as there was no connection to traction motors it ain't going anywhere, so I will be waiting to claim my prize at the first show one motors past on the front of a train.... ;);)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Downendian said:

Just ordered 25 324 with sound and supercap. Excellent service by phone, and painless so far, (no money taken from card yet, only when model is dispatched). Now what to do with my Bachmann type 2s? 

Me too. Ordered 25324 and 25260. Might have to stretch my era a bit to accommodate 25260 but it'll be nice to have one in green with TOPS. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseRambler said:

One of the options available is 25260 in Green with FYE. I have searched Flickr and Google but can't seem to find any photos of said loco in this condition. Does any one please know what timescales we are looking at for 25260 in this livery. Many thanks.

Photo on page 58 of Strathwood's 'Looking Back at Class 24 & 25 Locomotives' shows it at Bescot - undated but green TOPS was very much a 1974/5 thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1