Sutton's Locomotive Works *NEW* Class 25

Nick G

17 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Don't forget ETHELs were often attached to stock long before the loco hauling the train - providing pre-heat. There are plenty of photos of stock in platforms with just an ETHEL at the head. Several on this page for starters: Derby Sulzers

Roy

Or just left on shed ticking over.

Wonder who can figure out the damage on 97252 (no prizes) lol

ETHELs 1 and 3

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, 25901 said:

Or just left on shed ticking over.

Wonder who can figure out the damage on 97252 (no prizes) lol

ETHELs 1 and 3

Loco with tension lock coupler tried to coupe up? 
Great pic.

• Funny 3

5 hours ago, slg said:

Hopefully SLW sound file will have the ETHEL mode option in it like Legomanbiffo does so that not matter how slow or fast it goes the sound doesn't change.

From Facebook:

The sound option will also have an ETH power setting independent of speed. If you want to be spot on you could move the gear wheels to make it truly un-powered. Rotating the axles (de-meshing) essentially is the same as removing the traction motors. I suspect on 3/4 chat the body would nicely wobble a bit as well!

As those with Class 24 sound-equipped locos will already be aware, there are functions available on our projects that allow you to vary the prime move exhaust note completely divorced from speed so you could, if so inclined, run-up the engine progressively as if it was on a load bank whilst stationary (or for that matter, in a train, at any speed).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mallaig1983 said:

Loco with tension lock coupler tried to coupe up? 
Great pic.

97252 has at some time been coupled up to coaching stock that hasn't had the buffers extended and corridor connection has hit the cab

• Informative/Useful 1

First post on this section of the site. I came across the SLW company after revisiting the RailExclusive web site (after a considerable time away) and must say that the Class 25 looks absolutely amazing. A phone call and speaking to Philip has resulted in an order for a BR Blue 25 and Tamworth Castle in ice cream van livery.

Ive missed out on my  early loco of choice, the class 24 Experiment livery and thats how long ive not known about this company. 

However, thats been put to rights now and im seriously looking forward to this model arriving. The 25 is one of my favorite locos and the level of detail on this far surpasses anything else ive seen.

Thanks to Philip from SLW and for taking the time to chat with me for a while today. I will certainly be supporting his company in due course.

Wish list ???

Class 33

Class 47

Edited by Krieghoff
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brian Hawkins said:

I have Cancelled my eight class 25's after seeing the above picture of the bulkhead, simply because of the distinct lack of detail, bit of a shame i know.

Was it the the lack of billy can and enamel mugs from the get go :D

• Funny 1

8 minutes ago, Brian Hawkins said:

I have Cancelled my eight class 25's after seeing the above picture of the bulkhead, simply because of the distinct lack of detail, bit of a shame i know.

Quite right too, Brian. The instructions on the bulkhead aren't even legible. 

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

I'm not buying anymore until these models come with opening engine room doors!

(And that's before I mention the lack of an orange LED for the Grill!)

Kev.

(OK I give in, I'm still going to get all the blue TOPS ones.)

• Funny 2

2 hours ago, Waverley West said:

Quite right too, Brian. The instructions on the bulkhead aren't even legible. 

yeah - is there a weathered pealing effect version? :jester:

25057  No2 Cab (086)

Photo from Brian Daniels fab detail shots on flickr - wonderful reference material!

Looking forward to ordering one of the tops versions on the website :)

Will

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Nick G said:

Here is some of the intricate work that has gone into the No. 2 end cab interior bulkhead...

You're not fooling me one bit! Admit it, this is really a teaser for the O gauge version isn't it?

• Like 1

Ordered D6666 with all the bells and whistles last night after a detailed discussion with Phil about Exhaust roof panels suitable for one of the initial Laira allocations in the early 70’s. Just need to remove the air brake pipes and renumber it when it arrives. 

Mark

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Mark said:

Ordered D6666 with all the bells and whistles last night after a detailed discussion with Phil about Exhaust roof panels suitable for one of the initial Laira allocations in the early 70’s. Just need to remove the air brake pipes and renumber it when it arrives. 

Mark

Sounds like a proper beast! :P

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1