Sutton's Locomotive Works *NEW* Class 25

Nick G

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Ian J. said:

I've just 'reserved' a 25/3 in tops blue, however, I'm not sure what the arrangement is with taking money from the card. Unlike Accurascale who are taking a deposit for Deltics with a later request for full payment, SLW doesn't seem to 'explain' what will happen with 'reserve'. Can anyone enlighten me?

If you are quite happy to divulge your card details without an explanation as to what will happen, then I have a Nigerian acquaintance who may be able to help you.

Mike.

• Funny 4

4 hours ago, Ian J. said:

I've just 'reserved' a 25/3 in tops blue, however, I'm not sure what the arrangement is with taking money from the card. Unlike Accurascale who are taking a deposit for Deltics with a later request for full payment, SLW doesn't seem to 'explain' what will happen with 'reserve'. Can anyone enlighten me?

What Roy said. If you look at the T&C's section on the website (I just checked) there is a section about 'Reservation of forthcoming products'.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Nick G said:

What Roy said. If you look at the T&C's section on the website (I just checked) there is a section about 'Reservation of forthcoming products'.

I do wonder if that section could be made more visible at the point of clicking the 'reservation' button.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Ian J. said:

I do wonder if that section could be made more visible at the point of clicking the 'reservation' button.

I think there are plans to make it more prominent.

• Thanks 1

Because of the heavy demand for the dual-braked BR Blue machine with TOPS numbers, it’s only fair we spread the load by revealing another Class 25/3 on this auspicious date. From later tonight, you will be able to reserve Class 25/3 No. 25296 in BR Blue (Cat No. 2539). Visit our webshop at www.railexclusive.com or call us on 01780 470086 from tomorrow. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Martin_R said:

Hornby, Bachman plus even Heljan now facing retirement?

Ratatouille anyone?

Kev.

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Martin_R said:

Hornby, Bachman plus even Heljan now facing retirement?

I am most definitely a SLW customer (2 +1 on order, regular chats with Phil at York and highly delighted by the post sales support from Jamie et al) but I do have a TTG Bachmann 25 with factory fitted sound which is a regular and relied-upon performer on my small (shunting) exhibition layouts. I know some aren't keen on the profiles but it works well and is therefore always in the show stock box..

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, cheesysmith said:

Looking at that photo, does that make the only variation not sen the 25\0?

Yup reckon those body shells cover the 25/1 and early body 25/2s .... woo hoo! 

For the sake of completeness we might add the boiler fitted late body 25/2s and token apparatus 25/3s....

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, cheesysmith said:

Looking at that photo, does that make the only variation not sen the 25\0?

The headcode box 24 body (LMR version without tablet catcher recess, not yet announced by SLW) would do for a 25/0 without much alteration, mainly losing the boiler roof vent and exhaust. Tanks etc would also be different but that should be pretty easy.

• RMweb Gold

The only problem with 25296... is it is clean and perfect.

Ive never seen a rat so spotless, and I did goto rainhill, so I must have.

more importantly, he did mention that they were selling very quickly to their pre-order quantities..so a sell out could be on the horizon.

Edited by adb968008

Excellent news regarding the 25/1. Love the picture of the final 3 on their last journey (or so it was thought at the time). I’ll definitely have an 059 if it’s on the menu. 25904 would be nice too! 

• Friendly/supportive 1

I’m scratching around trying to find the number of an example that ran to Mallaig. I’m to stubborn for rule 1 and my layout is dated in 1983 anyway but I do have a couple of 27s in their boxes so I can run 1980 and I’m seriously weakening to one of these little beauties.