Sutton's Locomotive Works *NEW* Class 25

Nick G

1 hour ago, Solo said:

Just to second that, in my copy of the book "The West Highland Lines Post Beeching" there is a confirmed photo of 25109 at Mallaig in June 1980.  It notes the dent and states that this was probably due to a locomotive shortage at Eastfield although interestingly in another of my books it talks of a small number of '25's making regular appearances on the WHL between 1975 and 1980 together with a picture of 25006 at Fort William (albeit one of the early locos so different cab front than the SLW offering).

Thus 'Rule 1' may not be too far fetched!

Re 25006 , I imagine that an early 25/0 will be done by Suttons before long as essentially it's just an Headcode box 24 with minor differences

• Like 2

I received my invoice from Jamie and contacted Phil and gave him my credit card details. If you havnt already done this then id suggest that if you have received your invoice, then this is a good thing to do. They can then dispatch your models as they become available. This is the information i received and i was more than happy to do this. They operate secure servers and this way, you just have to wait for these fantastic models to arrive.

On a separate note, on other threads and posts it seems increasingly apparent that models from all manufacturers are delayed coming out of China and whilst i am certainly NOT speaking on behalf of SLW, im not pinning my hopes too much on seeing the 24's and 25's this year. 

Im as excited as anyone to get my hands on them as they are absolutely fantastic, but im a realist. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

I hope youre being a bit too pessimistic. They were going into production in march, so im hoping to see mine in time for xmas, fingers crossed!

I sincerely hope you are right........................but i wont be putting any bets on it :(

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Chris56057 said:

Does anybody know when these are due at all please? 

When i ordered my third loco i asked Phillip.  He said they are in production now , and when i asked  if they would be delivered before christmas he sounded very confident they would.  I didnt ask about the 24s though just the 25/3s.

49 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

When i ordered my third loco i asked Phillip.  He said they are in production now , and when i asked  if they would be delivered before christmas he sounded very confident they would.  I didnt ask about the 24s though just the 25/3s.

Thanks very much.

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Peanut89 said:

I've had an invoice this afternoon  (19/8). Do we think their imminent?

interesting as this has happened before , I have one on order but not had an invoice as yet but tbh I don't think we will see these before Christmas

Please see my earlier post on this. Jamie will send out an invoice to you to confirm your order. I have 6 on order and received an invoice a few months ago. You can lodge your credit card details with Philip and they have a secure server to keep those details safe. The benifit to this is that when these fantastic locos arrive, they will charge your card and send you it !. Its not an error in my opinion, they never ask for payment up front but its wise to keep in mind that if they have your details for payment, it speeds up the entire process.

I cant wait for these beauties to arrive in class 25 and the Highland 24's. Id be very surprised indeed if we see these before Christmas. I'm putting my money on a 2022 arrival  

Edited by Krieghoff
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Since the card I pay for internet things with by default has very little money in the account it's for, I need a heads up a few days before payment is taken so I can move money into place.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/06/2021 at 14:25, The Ghost of IKB said:

I hope youre being a bit too pessimistic. They were going into production in march, so im hoping to see mine in time for xmas, fingers crossed!

Not pessimistic, realistic. Accurascale quoted a year for the Deltic to arrive from when it goes into production.

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, blueeighties said:

Accurascale quoted a year for the Deltic to arrive from when it goes into production.

Production is used in different ways I think.

Some refer to everything post design as moving to production (including creating the tools), others use it to describe the factory turning out the already signed-off product.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I was wondering what happened to the extra loco that was going to be announced after last news letter?Its been more than a few days now?I know they are a small outfit & things perhaps happen in the background?Maybe they don’t want to be overloaded on the phones?

1 hour ago, sulzer71 said:

Appears Phil may have increased his order on this particular one as it's showing as available to order again

Probably unlikely to have increased production numbers, it might be orders moving over to the other BR Blue release freeing up some of 25324.

• Like 1