Sutton's Locomotive Works *NEW* Class 25

Nick G

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

We have always had a policy with our boys of them not getting much pocket money, enough that they can save up for things and understand the value of money, but that things don't come too easily. 

I should warn you from personal experience that they will end up tight as a gnats chuff! :)

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Grovenor said:

Ok, had a look, where do we select P4 or EM wheels? I had that option when I ordered my 24.

It's under accessories, but.. P4 wheelsets are out-of-stock.

11 hours ago, Eddie R v2.0 said:

The new website is too tempting.... just ordered a 2nd 24/1 -this time in green. Be good when they get round to the early 25s too. 

Good choice , I have 2 of the 24/1's on order , 1 pre-TOPS 1 TOPS , thinking about ordering a couple more as well , I was hoping they would have progressed from the 24/1 to the early 25/0's but I think those will come in time , although nothing is Scottish in this batch I'm tempted to get 25324 to renumber to 25301 which spent some time at Eastfield in the late 70's

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grovenor said:

Thanks, that's better, it wasn't there when I looked earlier. Now I'm going to really have to struggle to resist!

The 24 was nothing at all to do with my interests but I purchased one because they would supply with P4 wheels fitted. So I indulged (Green with small warning panels). They do the same for the 25 so I ordered a two tone green with small warning panels. Any company prepared to do RTR  P4 deserves support.

Regards,

Craig W

Edited by Craigw
  • Like 2
  • Agree 4

Order for two (25324 and an ETHEL) duly placed. It would be scarily easy to sign my life away on that website.

A few more will follow I think once they move on to more Scottish examples. 

Interesting info re. 25301 being based at Eastfield though, sulzer 71!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Waverley West said:

Order for two (25324 and an ETHEL) duly placed. It would be scarily easy to sign my life away on that website.

A few more will follow I think once they move on to more Scottish examples. 

Interesting info re. 25301 being based at Eastfield though, sulzer 71!

Yeah , spent around 15 months based there I believe , Locoshed book of 1978 shows it based there and Derby Sulzers site confirms it too

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Grovenor said:

Now I'm going to really have to struggle to resist!

Come on now, let’s exercise a little restraint. Just say after me:

”I already have enough locos, I already have enough locos, I already have enough locos ...”

There, that feels better now doesn’t it? No? Then I guess we’ll all have to join Locoholics Anonymous. :locomotive:

David

Edited by Kylestrome
  • Like 2
  • Funny 4

7 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Just noticed 25260 in green fye on the website, hadnt seen this before, anyone know when it was repainted blue?, might just be an excuse to order a third......

According to the Derby Sulzers website it's assumed it went blue in 1975 on it's visit to Crewe works

• Thanks 1

Just added 'Celebrity' Tamworth Castle in two tone green to my 2x25's and my single 24 already on order. Never realized that this loco was based at Holbeck in Leeds on training duties so its got to be on my list. Really impressed with the work that has clearly gone into these models which is excellent. 

• RMweb Premium
On 11/03/2021 at 18:50, 96701 said:

Class 25/3 BR Blue - TOPS - DCC Sound equipped × 1 ordered. Mrs 96701 is going to kill me later this year........

Ha Ha likewise, if SWMBO ever finds out. I've just ordered a sound fitted Tamworth castle "Ice Cream Van", still it is my 50th this year so I'm going to treat myself!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Just ordered an ETHEL and selected "ignore topic" on a certain other manufacturer's thread. Feels right

Does anyone know when the money is taken? I didn't see it in the ordering process, but may have missed it in the excitement...  

• Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, GRUNFOS said:

Does any money change hands when one is ordered? just wondering as I have a 37 and 2 86's to pay for first but would like to make sure I get a couple of blue ones.

I was told nothing would be taken until ready for despatch

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1