Sutton's Locomotive Works *NEW* Class 25

Nick G

Hope the 25s turn up soon as the backend of 2021 and beginning of 2022 is going to be expensive. The new 37s turning up and now a new 56 from Cavalex

1 hour ago, Solo said:

Just to second that, in my copy of the book "The West Highland Lines Post Beeching" there is a confirmed photo of 25109 at Mallaig in June 1980.  It notes the dent and states that this was probably due to a locomotive shortage at Eastfield although interestingly in another of my books it talks of a small number of '25's making regular appearances on the WHL between 1975 and 1980 together with a picture of 25006 at Fort William (albeit one of the early locos so different cab front than the SLW offering).

Thus 'Rule 1' may not be too far fetched!

Re 25006 , I imagine that an early 25/0 will be done by Suttons before long as essentially it's just an Headcode box 24 with minor differences

• Like 2

I received my invoice from Jamie and contacted Phil and gave him my credit card details. If you havnt already done this then id suggest that if you have received your invoice, then this is a good thing to do. They can then dispatch your models as they become available. This is the information i received and i was more than happy to do this. They operate secure servers and this way, you just have to wait for these fantastic models to arrive.

On a separate note, on other threads and posts it seems increasingly apparent that models from all manufacturers are delayed coming out of China and whilst i am certainly NOT speaking on behalf of SLW, im not pinning my hopes too much on seeing the 24's and 25's this year. 

Im as excited as anyone to get my hands on them as they are absolutely fantastic, but im a realist. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

I hope youre being a bit too pessimistic. They were going into production in march, so im hoping to see mine in time for xmas, fingers crossed!

I sincerely hope you are right........................but i wont be putting any bets on it :(

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Chris56057 said:

Does anybody know when these are due at all please? 

When i ordered my third loco i asked Phillip.  He said they are in production now , and when i asked  if they would be delivered before christmas he sounded very confident they would.  I didnt ask about the 24s though just the 25/3s.

49 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

When i ordered my third loco i asked Phillip.  He said they are in production now , and when i asked  if they would be delivered before christmas he sounded very confident they would.  I didnt ask about the 24s though just the 25/3s.

Thanks very much.