birdseyecircus

1 hour ago, Piemanlarger said:

Just as long as it's not 5 years before we can buy it lol

Would be very funny, if it wasn't far too close to the truth!! :rolleyes: :yes:

Edit - or in some cases wildly over-optimistic. :mad:

Edited by F-UnitMad
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

There is not many diesels left to do. Class 58 an obvious candidate but Class 21/22/29 and 68 already done by them in other scales so might be worth a punt . Baby Deltic was on the to do list from DJ models but that's not going to see the light of day and I would be very surprised if that got developed in O. My bet is that they will announce wagons for the 66 if its not another small tank steam loco. You can't buy anything RTR that would suit and kits for really modern stuff are few and far between.

The other logical move would be to expand the Mk1 range - RMB, RB(R) or full brake possibly?

Paul R

I'm putting my money on potentionally an Austerity/J94 being announced. It also wouldn't surprise me if it was something along the lines of a LMS/Midland 4F though. Would give them a Fowler tender to put behind a decent number of other smaller locos that could be produced for around the £300 mark.

• Like 1

I thought Dapol’s 142s were better known for their ‘chin’ than their nodding? At least in N gauge. 

I think a 142 would be a sensible choice, though it’s definitely not something I would buy even if they did manage to get the shape right. 

An Austerity, well I could much more easily find one of them a home. 

I can’t help feeling that it will be something with a copper cap though. 

Since the announcement is via the O-gauge guild, I anticipate a steam loco and not a  mainline diesel,  my bet is for  the ex- DJM  J94 or the LLC Ruston

I would like to see the ex- LLC class 22, but accept the perceived wisdom of the model requiring a full redesign for production.

Will we ever see the CAD/CAM for the JLtRT range sold or licensed to 3rd parties such as Dapol, it almost happened, when Dapol annouced an exchange of Dapol Cad/Cam  class 22 for JLtRT Western Cad/Cam Solidworks files, said to have fallen through when  JLtRT  deemed the Dapol Cad/Cam design  incompatible with JLtRT  exacting  standards

Edited by Pandora

12 hours ago, Richard Scott said:

I’m hoping it’s a 142 too, would be ideal for many a small layout, nearly 40 years service, a range of liveries a sure fire winner, make it with prototypical nodding aswell. Go on Dapol you now you want to.

12 hours ago, Mol_PMB said:

I thought Dapol’s 142s were better known for their ‘chin’ than their nodding? At least in N gauge. 

I think a 142 would be a sensible choice, though it’s definitely not something I would buy even if they did manage to get the shape right. 

An Austerity, well I could much more easily find one of them a home. 

I can’t help feeling that it will be something with a copper cap though. 

It would be a bit galling for us N gaugers if they did do the 142 and did it all to the correct proportions in a shorter timescale.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

12 hours ago, woodenhead said:

It would be a bit galling for us N gaugers if they did do the 142 and did it all to the correct proportions in a shorter timescale.

they have two thirds of the work done, so yeah it would be a shorter timescale, now to say it’s correctly proportioned I couldn’t answer that, but I feel this sell especially if in a decent price bracket ideally £350, they would grace many a layout.

25 minutes ago, Richard Scott said:

they have two thirds of the work done, so yeah it would be a shorter timescale, now to say it’s correctly proportioned I couldn’t answer that, but I feel this sell especially if in a decent price bracket ideally £350, they would grace many a layout.

Grace? a 142? DISgrace more like...

(disgruntled of west Manchester who had far too many years commuting on the damn things. When I could actually get on them that is, often their capacity was so inadequate that I was left behind)

20 minutes ago, Mol_PMB said:

Grace? a 142? DISgrace more like...

(disgruntled of west Manchester who had far too many years commuting on the damn things. When I could actually get on them that is, often their capacity was so inadequate that I was left behind)

Should have got on at Flixton then :lol: