New Dapol O gauge B4

birdseyecircus

Guest Jack Benson

Hi,

Is it actually possible to pre-order the Dapol B4 on the Hattons website? I can’t seem to find an order form.

StaySafe

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Graham_Muz said:

Other retailers are available...

Quite right. 

• 5 months later...

I have a home for one of these under construction already. The announcement was the final push over the edge into 7mm.

I was on the way to see these at the SVR today, but then the car decided it had other ideas. Looking forward to some more info coming out.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...

What a purposeful little beast. By rights I should be excited about the BR liveried versions for 'proper modelling' purposes, but the backhead detail in the cutaway cab version is feeling somewhat irresistible already.

Having spent many happy hours watching Normandy shuffling about at the Bluebell, the as-preserved model might be a necessary nostalgia purchase.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, PaulRhB said:

So I guess they will look like the first batch of OO ones as this poster for those. 

© Dapol0DB33E2A-1958-43FB-9C56-40F30766C5B1.jpeg.373dd0dc6ac29db52240f366d6b1a301.jpeg

The LSWR liveried version is the one I have my eye on but Hattons also have a news item with some liveries illustrated,

https://www.hattons.co.uk/newsdetail.aspx?id=1032

Cheers,

Keith

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I'll probably hack the chimney off and replace it with a one piece casting - I usually repaint smokeboxes anyway as part of weathering.

The join on these Dapol models does tend to look worse in photos than in the flesh but this isn't their smoothest on the face of it.

• 9 months later...

Any updates on delivery schedule for the much anticipated B4? - Also, has anyone seen any pre-production shots of the final 3 liveries (SR 88, LSWR 91 and BR 30089).  Searched around the web but not found any updates in the usual go to places. Hopefully they are not too far away now..

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Bluebell Boy said:

Any updates on delivery schedule for the much anticipated B4? - Also, has anyone seen any pre-production shots of the final 3 liveries (SR 88, LSWR 91 and BR 30089).  Searched around the web but not found any updates in the usual go to places. Hopefully they are not too far away now..

As seen at Warley

3A4FE285-BFAB-4095-93EC-9FC8607C03E3.jpeg.cdb198568fafa89c36431770f953f120.jpeg

437250C5-CBE6-4A19-8187-D9A589B47912.jpeg.714ca57e4415dd21e713b042d3dcd5a9.jpeg

E4CE8F3E-9253-4486-ACB8-B6527DE91E97.jpeg.f0c83fb4095a54d2d4132e8c7bdf293e.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Two months later, have the B4s docked yet? Possibly at the GOG event at Barnsley this weekend?

Dava