Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Colouring in a sprinter

Does anybody know where I can get drawings of sprinters that would allow for them to be used as colouring in projects. I'm after 150's, 153's, 155's, 156's & 158's front, side and interior drawings would be useful. The idea is a design your own livery type project.

Failing that any DMU class could be used.

Mark

Take a look at the toc's websites, specifically any enthusiast or kids sections. Transport for Wales has some colouring sheets, although not quite what you're after. I did see Southeastern put one of an Electrostar on Twitter (so probably on their website as well). Hornby have also done some side on views of their model art as colouring sheets.

Actually, a lot of Hornby packaging has a line drawing of the stock inside, you could scan and use. The Hornby 156 I have is packaged that way. (Although I couldn't comment on the legality or doing that!)

Google image search may also throw things up, there are plenty of colouring sheets websites out there.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Diagram books for 1st gen multiple units are on the Barrowmore site, all should have at least a basic side elevation. 

For 2nd gen multiple units 'as built' the BR Traction Manuals have a 3 view line drawing in them but good luck finding them on line, I can't. For anything later the drawings will usually be electronic and only accessible to the manufacturer, TOC etc. 

Training manuals these days tend to use photos rather than drawings because they are usually produced in house; no TOCs employs draughtsmen or technical illustrators afaik, but anyone can use a camera. As far as I'm aware none of them employ archivists either so unless you accidentally drop on the right person they won't be able to help. 

Edited by Wheatley