Why are my posts being deleted?

• RMweb Premium

Can anyone suggest why my last three posts in the "Bargin Hunters" thread appear to have been quietly deleted?

I am fairly sure I didn't imagine posting the first two but perhaps I fooled myself.

Third time round though my post appeared in a reply so I must have posted it.

I don't know if this is due to a bug, or if it's deliberate action.

If the latter, it would be useful to know what I've done wrong. I think very carefully about what I post on that thread and I thought all three posts were appropriate, particularly the one that I definitely know that I posted.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Coryton said:

If the latter, it would be useful to know what I've done wrong. I think very carefully about what I post on that thread and I thought all three posts were appropriate, particularly the one that I definitely know that I posted.

There is regular pruning of any content in that topic that does not adhere to the requests in the topic to limit posts to informtion rather than comments, quips and deviations. If you need further clar ask within that topic.

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, AY Mod said:

There is regular pruning of any content in that topic that does not adhere to the requests in the topic to limit posts to informtion rather than comments, quips and deviations. If you need further clar ask within that topic.

OK thanks.

I'm very aware of sensitivities to inappropriate posts on that thread and was reluctant to post in the thread itself for fear it would be seen as off-topic.

I certainly do need further clarity because I thought that posting a link to a web site with a flash sale on would be OK..

• Agree 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Coryton said:

certainly do need further clarity

I have checked back to a post you made yesterday which has been removed. You did not include a link to the bargains, just to the retailer which someone else then did. That was why that one was removed. 

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, AY Mod said:

I have checked back to a post you made yesterday which has been removed. You did not include a link to the bargains, just to the retailer which someone else then did. That was why that one was removed. 

OK fair enough. I would have added a link if I'd found one.

Thanks.

Just a bit disconcerting when posts sliently vanish, especially when they are actually mentioning a bargain.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Coryton said:

Just a bit disconcerting when posts sliently vanish, especially when they are actually mentioning a bargain.

There isn't sufficient time to discuss each and every action.

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, AY Mod said:

There isn't sufficient time to discuss each and every action.

I'm sure.

That wasn't supposed to come across as a complaint.

It's just that I think those were the only posts I've made recently so I wasn't sure if there was some weird bug removing my posts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 27/02/2021 at 22:23, Coryton said:

I'm sure.

That wasn't supposed to come across as a complaint.

It's just that I think those were the only posts I've made recently so I wasn't sure if there was some weird bug removing my posts.

I've heard @AY Mod called SOME things, but a wierd bug is a new one on me :mocking_mini:

31 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

It's normally a longer word.

what, insect? :scratchhead:

(Proper English word  "insect" not like the American "bug"*)

*As usual, bug actually was an English word that in British English became generally obsolete, replaced by insect,  but continued in use in American English. There are a lot of "Americanisms" like that including Railroad.  

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Pacific231G said:

what, insect? :scratchhead:

(Proper English word  "insect" not like the American "bug"*)

*As usual, bug actually was an English word that in British English became generally obsolete, replaced by insect,  but continued in use in American English. There are a lot of "Americanisms" like that including Railroad.  

I could be wrong but I think he meant.......ger!!?

Paul