Industrial 0-6-0

Hi everyone. We here at Chesterfield model making and miniature electronics hope you are safe and well. Some months ago we announced plans to produce a 3D printed resin industrial loco body based on the Yorkshire Engince co 0-6-0 that would fit straight onto the electrotren 0-6-0, outside cylinder chassis. Well we can  show the latest pictures from our development and design.. We know there some things which aren't quite correct and need a bit of tweaking but we are also aiming this to be a budget entry model for those wanting to personalise their own locos so arent going for 100% fidelity. We would love any feedback, good or bad, comments or suggestions. Please let us know what you think.

Sam and Richard

IMG_20210227_212600.jpg

IMG_20210227_212509.jpg

IMG_20210227_212537.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi Sam & Richard

I like it, always up for a good industrial loco, especially on that Jouef/Electrotren chassis.

I wasn't familiar with the prototype, but I presume it is based on YEC 2151, seen here

https://www.rocks-by-rail.org/exhibit/yec-2521/

You've asked for suggestions, and you may have already have these on your list of tweaks, but here are mine.

The chimney is a bit too big, it needs to be a bit slimmer, and possibly about a 1mm less tall.  Also it needs flaring into the smokebox

Cab windows need to be a bit bigger, and linked to that, the taper in the cabside should start a bit lower down.  If I  have interpreted the above photo correctly, it looks like the taper should start level with the top of the bunker and slightly below the level of the tank handrail.

Other than those suggested changes, I think you've made a good start, and I look forward to it becoming available.

Moxy

• 2 months later...