Ebay site crash 28 Feb 2021 at 18.00 hrs approx?

DCB

I had three items with bids ending at around 18.00 hrs today.   All are now shown as Unsold but with multiple bids.

One I sold earlier by accepting an offer is shown as unsold.   Several unsold items with no bids scheduled for automatic relist didn't relist.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have contacted the buyers and the one reply says he is as confused as I am.

Discuss...

EDIT Posted around 20.00 hrs on 29 Feb 2021.

Edited by DavidCBroad

Having sold an item at 6.00pm yesterday, I was notified by the buyer that he hadn't received the usual request to pay by E-bay.

Within 15 minutes the problem was sorted and I received my payment.

• Informative/Useful 1

Thanks everyone.  I was panicking when I posted around 20.00 hrs.  My notifications icon started lighting up and various sales were flagged up from around 21.00hrs  By about 23.00 everything was sort of back to normal, except it meant one buyer paid for one item not realising he had won two and I didn't twig either so we missed out on combined postage. I always make a loss on postage so its irritating.  I also forgot to bid on some coach bodies which in the event didn't sell but haven't been relisted.  I suppose the answer is avoiding the 18.00 Sunday peak selling time.

• RMweb Premium

I didn't have any transactions going but checking my "unsold" page found over 40 expired items that needed relisting, which was a surprise as I normally get email notifications for them.  The emails turned up in my inbox about 3am.

• RMweb Gold

I tried paying for 2 lots over the weekend but couldn't get past the payment page as it stated he wouldn't post to the UK (He was in Manchester)  Used the help section to no avail as they said there was nothing wrong with the site so after 48 hours of b*ggering about we gave up and he cancelled the sale. 

Now it seems Ebay was experiencing difficulties. Why didn't they put a banner up and I would have left it another day.....

4 hours ago, DavidCBroad said:

Thanks everyone.  I was panicking when I posted around 20.00 hrs.  My notifications icon started lighting up and various sales were flagged up from around 21.00hrs  By about 23.00 everything was sort of back to normal, except it meant one buyer paid for one item not realising he had won two and I didn't twig either so we missed out on combined postage. I always make a loss on postage so its irritating.  I also forgot to bid on some coach bodies which in the event didn't sell but haven't been relisted.  I suppose the answer is avoiding the 18.00 Sunday peak selling time.

Agree. I've always listed my items to finish at 18.00 on Sundays but will avoid from now on. It's bad enough that we have to wait a few days to get paid under the new E-bay payment system ,without incurring further problems.

Hi all I just had this from eBay.

"Auction listings that ended on 28 February or 1 March may have temporarily shown as unsold"

Dear 

Due to a recent processing delay that is now resolved, some auctions that ended on 28 February or 1 March with a winning bidder may have appeared in your Unsold items view in My eBay. They may also have appeared on the app or might have been marked Unsold in Ended listings in your Seller Hub. As of 11:30 p.m. GMT on 1 March, affected auction sales were moved to your Seller Hub Orders or My eBay Sold, where they would normally appear.    

If you haven’t done so already, please do the following: 
Review your sold listings in My eBay Sold or Seller Hub Orders for auctions that finished on I just had the following from eBay

28 February or 1 March   
Check that none of your sold auction items that finished on 28 February or 1 March were relisted 
If any of those items were relisted, please cancel those listings if you do not have the inventory to fulfill them
If you relisted an item that was affected by this issue and had to cancel the listing or a transaction, we’ll protect you by:  
Crediting any associated fees. You will see credits reflected in your account within the next two weeks 
Protecting your seller performance by removing defects associated with listings you had to end early and transactions you had to cancel

We apologise for any inconvenience the processing delay may have caused.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay. "

Only took a week, amazing.

Edited by DavidCBroad

Yes, I had much the same, I wonder if I actually received the best price the items could have, as at least one would be buyer reported he had tried to bid and failed, and because the item was in  no mans land at that point he thought I might have just ended it. 

Ending listings on a Sunday night tends to get a good price, but if all those snipers can't get their bids in, it might not be the best idea.

Jon