Can't reply to a post

• Moderators

Yes, there has been a problem. I am investigating.

In the interim I have changed the theme to the basic forum style to start to restore functionality.

• Thanks 6

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Yes, there has been a problem. I am investigating.

In the interim I have changed the theme to the basic forum style to start to restore functionality.

You must have done something right, I went on here about 7am and no topics were displaying pictures either 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, russ p said:

You must have done something right, I went on here about 7am and no topics were displaying pictures either 

Agreed, at least the forum is usable, which wasn't the case earlier!

I hope it's not to much of a challenge to sort it out.

The biggest relief is that it wasn't something I'd inadvertently done myself!

• Agree 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, jcm@gwr said:

Also, it's nice to see that Andy is amusing himself by posting in his own private thread! :jester:

Surprisingly there is a purpose to it and the fact that you've been able to see it (with some 'reacting' to it) and that you've been able to reply here means things are getting back to abnormality.

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

Just now, AY Mod said:

Surprisingly there is a purpose to it and the fact that you've been able to see it (with some 'reacting' to it) and that you've been able to reply here means things are getting back to abnormality.

I'm not suggesting it doesn't have a purpose, and I'm sure you're working as hard as you can

to resolve what has happened, but, from my perspective it does look like you are just trying

to occupy your time whilst waiting for something to happen! :D

• Funny 1

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, jcm@gwr said:

you are just trying

to occupy your time whilst waiting for something to happen!

You are partially right there as the next stage in the recovery process is to lob some work at someone else that will need doing before some other bits are restored. I now have the warm feeling of achievement that I've fixed my bit and it's someone else's problem now. :biggrin_mini2: Level completed.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

......................I've fixed my bit and it's someone else's problem now. 

That's something an old S&T Telegraph Lineman taught me over 50 years ago. If there was a line fault he would hitch a lift to the last pole route disconnection point on our section, test back on our side to see if we were getting a call through then repeat the test forwards into the next section. If the fault was beyond our section he would contact the nearest box to arrange a lift home.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

You are partially right there as the next stage in the recovery process is to lob some work at someone else that will need doing before some other bits are restored. I now have the warm feeling of achievement that I've fixed my bit and it's someone else's problem now*. :biggrin_mini2: Level completed.

*Be careful - don't catch it out of the corner of your eye

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2

Although most of the forums functions seem to be back to normal,

the one thing that isn't working (for me anyway) is the 'condensed/expanded'

option, I can click on condensed, the highlighting swops over, but it stays expanded,

any ideas, is it me, or is the problem still waiting on an outside repair/fix?

• Agree 1