23 hours ago, Not Jeremy said:

MRJ 282 is now at the printers and should be available shortly. From this issue the cover price is raised to £5.50 per issue.

In a break with tradition, here is some pre publication information:

It is edited by Karl Crowther and features include his Kentside Branch and Hywel Thomas's splendid Morfa Bank Sidings amongst other delights.

The cover features a great shot of Morfa Bank Sidings, image available shortly...

Simon

Simon,

With the cover price rise, I presume subs will go up too?  Only I've literally last week sent in my subs at the rate in issue 281 - I presume this will be ok?

Thanks

Alastair

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, clarkea1 said:

Simon,

With the cover price rise, I presume subs will go up too?  Only I've literally last week sent in my subs at the rate in issue 281 - I presume this will be ok?

Thanks

Alastair

I am sure it will be, subs will presumably go up a bit but that is not my decision as Cygnet remains an autonomous operation as explained earlier.

Simon

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 03/03/2021 at 16:36, Not Jeremy said:

MRJ 282 is now at the printers and should be available shortly. From this issue the cover price is raised to £5.50 per issue.

In a break with tradition, here is some pre publication information:

It is edited by Karl Crowther and features include his Kentside Branch and Hywel Thomas's splendid Morfa Bank Sidings amongst other delights.

The cover features a great shot of Morfa Bank Sidings, image available shortly...

Simon

strictly-come-dancing-show-sweet-montage-of-len-goodman-ts_-00_01_14_04-still031.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Standing by. 

WWI_Sentry.jpeg-01.jpeg

Edited by NHY 581
Sausage hooves
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

MRJ 282 is now in stock here in Bath, my take on it is here:

https://www.titfield.co.uk/Wild-Swan/MRJ-Journal.htm

All the trade orders were sent out today so your supplier of choice should have stock very shortly. Subs copies are going out on and from Monday and newstrade copies are distributed at the end of next week, so Smiths etc from about a week's time.

As observed earlier, the price has gone up to £5.50 from this issue. What isn't visible is that this is the first issue to be produced by a different printer than hitherto, for various reasons. The quality looks good, the pictures seem to have come out well and I can report that all concerned with its production are feeling very positive.

This despite the "publication date of MRJ 283 not known yet" comment(!) Just don't worry about it, I have it on good authority that the next issue is underway.

Simon

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Splendid news. Stop. Order placed. Stop. Plump cushions. Stop. Ensure fresh bottle of Port available. Stop.

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 3

Thanks to the guys in Bath for prompt service - mine arrived this morning, and much to the posit'e annoyance it was so well packed and unbendable that he couldn't get it through the letter box so had to knock.

And plenty to think about in the new Wild Swan book I also bought - Authentic Model Railway Operation by Martin Nield

Quality is being maintained after the transfer of ownership of the brand.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all. 

Once again I find myself the recipient of customer service which is second to none. 

My bundle of MRJs arrived this afternoon, accompanied by some splendid cards and post cards, served with a lovely note from Simon. 

After a day spent working from home and uttering threats and menaces at a sulky laptop, the delivery provided a breath of fresh air. 

An armchair awaits this evening with an accompanying measure of Port or four. 

Many thanks, 

Rob. 

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Once again I find myself the recipient of customer service which is second to none. 

An armchair awaits this evening with an accompanying measure of Port or four. 

I agree with the sentiment regarding customer service. I'm sure that mine is delayed by the Royal Mail.

I'm mildly surprised at your self control. Ony four? I'm aiming at a bottle of Shiraz. Whether I'll achieve it depends on many things, including my ability to stand up half way through.

• Like 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

I'm mildly surprised at your self control. Ony four? I'm aiming at a bottle of Shiraz. Whether I'll achieve it depends on many things, including my ability to stand up half way through.

As we all await our MRJs I feel we should at least celebrate St Patrick's Day in style......Malbec for me...bad experience with Guiness in 1978....

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

For clarity, I'd like it noted that I have not specified the size of said measure of Port. 

I thank you. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

For clarity, I'd like it noted that I have not specified the size of said measure of Port. 

I thank you. 

As long as it isn't called a Stein, I'm not worried ... .

Seriously though, there are limits to how much Port anyone's going to drink (and I should know - I like the stuff). It's definitely possible to get too much of a good thing - even something as good as Port.

Huw.

Edited by Huw Griffiths
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Gilbert said:

As we all await our MRJs I feel we should at least celebrate St Patrick's Day in style......Malbec for me...bad experience with Guiness in 1978....

Malbec for me as well. Aldi have a new French supplier so I thought I would give it a try. Quite tasty with liver and bacon. Unfortunately my subs copy has not arrived so I need to find a suitable bottle for when it does.

Bernard

• Like 2

On 10/03/2021 at 10:29, Not Jeremy said:

I have just spoken to the printers and MRJ 282 is now in the World. Copies should get to trade customers and subscribers from early next week, with copies going out to the News trade from the end of next week.

Whatever "target date" is or isn't given inside, work has commenced on 283 and things are now looking brighter for the future.

I leave you with a shot of the cover.

MRJ 282 cover from Steve.jpg

Cover shots are always useful, they enable one to sweep the magazine rack with a glance to see if its in!

I'll keep an eye open. End of the month, eh?

• Agree 1