N Gauge 2-HAP - Pipe Dream?

I would love one of these for my layout, but online searching turns up only one result - a few images clearly of the same unit on "Worthpoint."

1501355033_Screenshot_20210303-1707472.png.4bc463714c101f6f2e8ee51e4b212fd1.png

Is this a limited edition?  To compound things I'd really like it in earlier livery (blue-grey.)

I've a sinking feeling that I'm on a wild goose chase.  If anyone knows better or has any advice on finding this item, I would be grateful.  Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Ray Von said:

Ah thanks, so not an actual Farish product then? 

Not RTR - the only RTR Farish 3rd Rail was the 4-CEP

But people hope that one day perhaps they may shrink the EPB, HAP and maybe even the 205 from 4mm to 2mm.

• Agree 1

Just now, woodenhead said:

Not RTR - the only RTR Farish 3rd Rail was the 4-CEP

But people hope that one day perhaps they may shrink the EPB, HAP and maybe even the 205 from 4mm to 2mm.

Well I certainly do!!  I have two of the 4 car CEPs - they are my pride and joy!! One set retails for what I paid for both these days though.  Thank you for the advice.

• RMweb Gold

Brass etched kits or parts for overlays also from Worsley work and BHE .  3D printed options via Recreation 21 on Shapeways  and check out Bob Davies on N-train for emu options designed to work with Electra grahics from Adam Warr.    Chassis could be from a 4 Cep  or 170 a GWR railcar as these can all be made to fit easily enough. Even the Dapol 121 chassis would offer a route.

Robert  

• Informative/Useful 1

31 minutes ago, PaulCheffus said:

Hi

Not sure why but if you go the the Worsley Works website and click on the N Gauge kits menu item there is a link on the right.

http://www.worsleyworks.co.uk

Cheers

Paul

Ah, thanks - maybe it's because I'm using my phone?  The link was on the left, but I turned up this result:2HAP_2.jpg.3591bb73971812a4495398e49b384941.jpg

They look great, mk1's modified with motors added - hmmm, I'm not sure of my abilities on this score.... Also, would this livery still be around c1980?

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Ray Von said:

Ah, thanks - maybe it's because I'm using my phone?  The link was on the left, but I turned up this result:2HAP_2.jpg.3591bb73971812a4495398e49b384941.jpg

They look great, mk1's modified with motors added - hmmm, I'm not sure of my abilities on this score.... Also, would this livery still be around c1980?

Hi

The sides are plain brass and require painting so you could do any livery you require.

Cheers

Paul

• Informative/Useful 1

5 hours ago, PaulCheffus said:

Hi

The sides are plain brass and require painting so you could do any livery you require.

Cheers

Paul

Are there any companies out there that would do the building/painting?  I realise that this could be pricey... 

There are people rather than companies who do this, I couldn't give you a name of anyone as I've never asked for any work but they do pop up here on RMWeb from time to time.

With this approach the thing to remember is that the good ones will have work well into the future because people will use them more than once and you'll want to see evidence of their skills in your chosen scale to know they can do the work.

There are sharks out there, a certain person with many failed projects to his name who is a pariah now after his company went down the pan had a previous company doing re-sprays that went under is all I am saying on that matter.

• Informative/Useful 1

14 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

certain person with many failed projects to his name

A bit like a certain "Layout Builder" a few years back...

Moving on - thanks for the suggestion, I'm reasonably comfortable with a paint brush, but I feel that this particular project is probably out of my league(!) I'll keep my eyes peeled for a likely candidate...

:read:

27 minutes ago, Ray Von said:

A bit like a certain "Layout Builder" a few years back...

Moving on - thanks for the suggestion, I'm reasonably comfortable with a paint brush, but I feel that this particular project is probably out of my league(!) I'll keep my eyes peeled for a likely candidate...

:read:

Electra may be an option over Worsley - Electra provides slides to over the old coach sides.

Using an old Farish coach (your BCKs may be suitable) or an old Farish 101 DMU you may be in business.

• Informative/Useful 1

On 03/03/2021 at 17:40, Ray Von said:

Well I certainly do!!  I have two of the 4 car CEPs - they are my pride and joy!! One set retails for what I paid for both these days though.  Thank you for the advice.

Case in point, one set has just come up on eBay - TWO HUNDRED AND THIRTY POUNDS (used!!!!) Ay, ay ay! Good job it's SR green or the beer pixies might well have made me buy it later this week....