Model Railway Review

1ngram

I thought I had seen them all but this past week I came across this model railway magazine from the Nineties I'd never heard of before. It seems only to have lasted a few (4?) issues and from its style was an attempt to carry on from Iain Rice's excellent Model Railway Illustrated. (still the best model railway magazine I've ever come across)

1, 3 and 4 of Model Railway Review I can locate.  Where can I find issue 2?  Are there more?

I wonder if you mean RailMODEL Digest?  This was a glossy stiff cover magazine edited by Iain Rice and the first issue "Preview Issue" came out in 1995, followed by six further issues.  In the last one Iain tried to vary the style a bit to gain a wider market, but sadly failed.  You used to be able to get copies of all from Mainly Trains, but I suspect they weren't taken up by Wizard/51L when they took over that range. Amazon will sell you No 5 for a mere £20!

• RMweb Gold

No — it's different from RailModel Digest.

Iain Rice had been the Editor of Modelling Railways Illustrated but was replaced by .Jim Woods. Later Irwell Publications sold the magazine, and after a few poorly-printed issues under its new publisher it disappeared. Jim Woods — who hadn't been taken on by the new publisher — started Model Railway Review. It didn't last very long, but I'm not sure how many issues it ran to.

17 hours ago, D9020 Nimbus said:

No — it's different from RailModel Digest.

Iain Rice had been the Editor of Modelling Railways Illustrated but was replaced by .Jim Woods. Later Irwell Publications sold the magazine, and after a few poorly-printed issues under its new publisher it disappeared. Jim Woods — who hadn't been taken on by the new publisher — started Model Railway Review. It didn't last very long, but I'm not sure how many issues it ran to.

Sorry, I must have completely missed that when it came out.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Nick Holliday said:

Sorry, I must have completely missed that when it came out.

Same here, I have no memory of ever seeing it and I bought most of the modelling magazines at that point in time.

I can remember this publication clearly. 

Mind, a very fine article on improving the auld Lima GUV was spread over #1 & #2 - the article coming frae David Goodwin. 

To my recollection, only the 4 made the market and it never seemed to get distributed very well.

Try flea-bay, you may be lucky...