Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Arley Station - Severn Valley Railway

1 hour ago, Welchester said:

Taken a week ago today, this photo I find quite atmospheric. The composition isn't  great, as I was trying to hold two dogs in the hand that wasn't holding the camera.

DSCF7142.JPG

Has someone stolen Bob's engine, he is looking very serious, which does not happen all the time. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Hi Guys....

A soggy day today, but good to see two loco's in operation but more especially though, it is great to be back with colleagues, some of which I haven't seen for 18 months!

Managed a modicum of gardening today, planting some Erigeron karvinskianus profusion into the edge of a bed we are developing, but Arley soil being a tad on the clay side, it is best not to work to heavily on it when wet, as you tend end up being a few inches taller the way it sticks to the base of your boots!

IMG_0118.JPG.058fb9c366d846b90fb076369afc129a.JPG  IMG_0119.JPG.f76c00fa01fbcb3d27a6af9292368725.JPG

Take care, regards always....

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 7

On 13/05/2021 at 15:58, Welchester said:

Taken a week ago today, this photo I find quite atmospheric. The composition isn't  great, as I was trying to hold two dogs in the hand that wasn't holding the camera.

DSCF7142.JPG

Managed to get my wheelbarrow in I see!

Bob

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It was lovely to see people on and enjoying the station today, especially when our passengers had a look round whilst waiting for 43106 when delayed due to the fire brigade in attendance at Eardington. We just bailed and enjoyed sitting on the grassy bank

image.png.8947f15556cbf95ba4e95de0cee570fb.png

• Like 6

I was at Arley for a while last Thursday, just in time to catch a couple of trains passing. The two panniers were running, both pulling fairly short trains compared to the usual SVR  train lengths. I thought this suited Arley extremely well; it felt "right" for a country branch station. I didn't take any photos, I just enjoyed the moment. The sun was shining and it was just a pleasantly warm English day. I loved the peace and quiet of an  empty station before any trains arrived, then the sudden bustle of activity, not only the trains themselves but staff and travellers, and then the gentle return to peace and quiet after the trains had left and any whistles became more and more distant. Once the trains were gone the people disappeared apart from the volunteer gardener stoically sticking to his task. Does heritage railway atmosphere get any better than this?

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Chris M said:

I was at Arley for a while last Thursday, just in time to catch a couple of trains passing. The two panniers were running, both pulling fairly short trains compared to the usual SVR  train lengths. I thought this suited Arley extremely well; it felt "right" for a country branch station. I didn't take any photos, I just enjoyed the moment. The sun was shining and it was just a pleasantly warm English day. I loved the peace and quiet of an  empty station before any trains arrived, then the sudden bustle of activity, not only the trains themselves but staff and travellers, and then the gentle return to peace and quiet after the trains had left and any whistles became more and more distant. Once the trains were gone the people disappeared apart from the volunteer gardener stoically sticking to his task. Does heritage railway atmosphere get any better than this?

Thanks Chris..

When I'm gardening at Arley, often 'become lost' in my own 'little world'....the weather has been perfect over the last couple of days as has the 'branch line' feel of the SVR replicated superbly.

Regards

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Thought these may be of interest...?

I have been growing this white wisteria for about 15 years....and it at its best just now....eye catching for sure

IMG_1400.JPG.b1301b869af26fa6e4860b30cb226505.JPG

IMG_1401.JPG.1c676f6a2ff3b5e8d75c4c93a7e40a33.JPG

Regards always

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Bench and Wisteria, chocolate and cream (-ish) !

The Wisteria is now on my spotting list for the next SVR visit (some fine day), along with a lot of platform details. There will hardly be time for the locos :)

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1