‘Virtual’ expoEM Spring 2021 - Saturday 22nd May - 10.30am - 5.30pm

Leander

Hello, 

I went in via the EMGS website, all worked fine..... Thank you to everyone involved, I'm really enjoying dropping in through the day in between woodworking in the shed! 

I think I've fallen in love with Drighlington & Adwalton, what a smashing layout! Also fascinated by the workings of Buckingham, thank you Tony, 

Best wishes, 

Jim. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately, if you go to the EMGS website and follow through to the exhibition page, it says the show is now closed.

However, I went back in the History on my browser and came up with https://emgs.org/virtual-show-2021-welcome-closed/ which took (even though the address says 'closed') me to the show page and (at the time of writing) the 'Show Guide' button is giving links to the different sections.

Many offerings are on YouTube, so by going there and looking for the EM Gauge Society channel, (or clicking this link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiPgMfKWQJkJadbcJFFiqlg/videos) you can also find offerings from today's show.

Edited by davidbr
  • Like 1

Very good to have put on such a show under the circumstances.  However, having looked at the layouts, I am left wondering whether there must be EM layouts set in periods other than BR?  The late 50's early 60's period holds little interest for me.

In addition, anything that I was interested in from the stores was out-of-stock.  But that's no different to the live northern/autumn shows which were the last I attended.

Is this year's autumn show going ahead?

• Like 1

Thanks to all involved in putting on this show. I spent most of my time in the demonstrations and I would hope that those videos should remain accessible as standard primers on the various subjects. Videos also allow visits to layouts that cannot appear on the exhibition circuit.

Well done 

Best wishes 

Eric

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brassey said:

At this stage we simply do not know. A show is planned but not fully booked. However much remains out of the control of the EMGS. We'll have a better idea next month.

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Brassey said:

Very good to have put on such a show under the circumstances.  However, having looked at the layouts, I am left wondering whether there must be EM layouts set in periods other than BR?  The late 50's early 60's period holds little interest for me.

In addition, anything that I was interested in from the stores was out-of-stock.  But that's no different to the live northern/autumn shows which were the last I attended.

If you look at the "archive" sections, there are layouts like Hope under Dinmore, Valleyfields and others in the videos of past EXPO events plus a link to Narrow Road, which is mainly set around 1922-1925 but has a few out of period items which all have great personal significance.

I agree about lack of variety in choice of period in railway modelling generally. I would never tell people what they should or shouldn't model but I like to get away from the crowd by modelling the railways in pre-grouping days. It means less RTR and more kit and scratchbuild work but that suits me anyway as I find a kit or scratchbuilt model far more interesting than a RTR one. The 1958-62 period seems to be the one that people remember and which has good RTR support, so I understand why it is popular but it isn't what floats my boat.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

In the fullness of time will all the show content be uploaded to YouTube?

Mike.

That's the plan Mike. It should all be up again now, plus the Presentations will be going on-line as soon as they've been edited.

As a matter of interest, for how long do you think they should made available? (Comments welcome)

• Friendly/supportive 1

16 hours ago, Leander said:

That's the plan Mike. It should all be up again now, plus the Presentations will be going on-line as soon as they've been edited.

As a matter of interest, for how long do you think they should made available? (Comments welcome)

I put together the website for last month's Scalefour North and, for what it is worth, the intention is that the entire content will be available,

exactly as it was during the weekend, indefinitely. 

Edited by johndon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1