6mm micro planetary gearmotors

Giles

Just an instinctive warning. I note that the number of suppliers of 6mm gearmotors has greatly reduced and the prices have doubled.  It may be that the supply is drying up. It might also be due to other global factors, but if you wanted some, now may be the time?

Edited by Giles
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• Giles changed the title to 6mm micro planetary gearmotors

Thanks Giles. I've put an order in to beeastudio for the most common size I use. Just in case. 

I suspect these things are often ex stock from some factory. And therefore tend to run out as either the leftovers are used up or the production line is closed.

I have found the original manufacturer of some of them in Hong Kong in the past. But the minimum orders quantities were ridiculous. (Not surprisingly).

I have often paid a bit more for slightly different variations in the past.

The thornycroft uses long shaft versions that were £16 from premium modellbau. but enabled me to use the shaft directly as a windlass. 

There used to be a webshop in the US that did them with 30-40mm long shafts, that  whole website dissappeared a few years ago though.

Cheers for the heads up.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Giles and Otherplanet. I’ve got a few lorries and buses awaiting rc treatment, but like most not enough time. I’m going to take your advice and get a motors in just in case. Can you recommend the ratio out put that you’ve used in your projects please? I think Giles you’d been using 150:1 from Technobots but I notice you’ve mentioned 6mm ? Are these the ones you have reprogrammed to get a smoother start? Any recommendations for where to go for the motors please?