BOSCARNE JUNCTION REVISITED

Mike_Walker

• RMweb Premium

As the weather seems to have forgotten it's supposed to be spring I've been gardening indoors rather than outdoors and made a start on the cottage garden.  I use the term lightly as it would seem the signalman was no Monty Don or Percy Thrower!

IMG_20210312_160917.jpg.ee6ed23a066b6cb54a99bc1db9db58e4.jpg

IMG_20210314_163356_2.jpg.7f8e044d1103c99982adcff556eb2c85.jpg

Still some details to add, more veggies and a line of washing whilst the telegraph pole needs to be more ore less buried in junk - mostly old planks of wood.

Edited by Mike_Walker
  • Like 12

• 10 months later...

Hello Mike,

I just found your Boscarne Junction revisited and am most impressed.   Being a roundy-roundy gives you far greater scope for longer trains than I had.  When adding a line of washing don't forget some used to hang on the fence, as may be seen in the attached photo by Chris Knowles-Thomas!

My version from 2013 never advanced to a finished state as I had a couple of problems, firstly the fiddle yard for the Wadebridge end was far too short and secondly, being a linear model, the sheer space that it took up.  The boards (though with just three instead of four) and stock live on in my latest endeavour, Polwithian, which is oh-so-slowly slowly progressing.

52-16-Signalbox-Cottage-Boscarne_Junction-15th_July_1964-hi.jpg

• Like 2