georgeT

15 minutes ago, pwr said:

Have you been watching Ant Man again?

Seriously nice model - 1:24?

Paul R

Cheers Paul, As you say a cracking model of the routemaster

9 minutes ago, Ian Major said:

George,

As always, your buildings are looking superb.

I think you need to breathalyze that bus driver though or at the very least get his eyesight tested.

Ian. 

Hi lan, The driver has been suspended and severely flogged, Hahaha sorry to hear you have to self isolate, still at least you can get on with your modelling projects, good luck buddy.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Fitted the peco fencing along one edge of the bay to stop people nicking off the wagons that will be parked up in there, also sprayed some sleeper grime to the track, and the last picture is a major repair job on a Bulleid M/N that has a burned out motor and broken valve gear...

DSC07430.JPG

DSC07431.JPG

DSC07432.JPG

DSC07434.JPG

DSC07435.JPG

DSC07436.JPG

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

15 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi George, I cannot see me making a start on it until the winter at the moment.  Time is just flying by at the moment.

Cheers, Ade.

Looking forward to it Ade, no rush...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Pity I couldn't see what you'd been doing at last nights Zoom meeting mate. any new pics of those Buildings you were talking about?

Working on a parcels depot as we speak, should have some pics soon...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Good luck with the valve gear George.

We have an aged loco at the club that defies all logic. It runs sweetly on DC, when equipped with a non-sound dcc decoder and when dc is enabled but it is extremely jerky at the lower speeds when equipped with a sound decoder from the same manufacturer as the non-sound decoder (running on dcc). We're fairly certain it is a motor/decoder mis-match but we baulked at the idea of stripping the valve gear down so that we could get the wheels off because the motor is secured in the chassis by screw mostly hidden behind the wheels.

We're obviously not as brave as you!

1 hour ago, Ray H said:

Good luck with the valve gear George.

We have an aged loco at the club that defies all logic. It runs sweetly on DC, when equipped with a non-sound dcc decoder and when dc is enabled but it is extremely jerky at the lower speeds when equipped with a sound decoder from the same manufacturer as the non-sound decoder (running on dcc). We're fairly certain it is a motor/decoder mis-match but we baulked at the idea of stripping the valve gear down so that we could get the wheels off because the motor is secured in the chassis by screw mostly hidden behind the wheels.

We're obviously not as brave as you!

Not brave Ray just stupid ? Hahahaha the secret is to take a few close up pictures before you attempt to take it apart so you have some idea how it goes back together, l am the same with DCC, don't get me wrong l love it, but l don't understand it and l get mates to do chip fitting etc etc, take care mate and hope to catch up sometime at a show ? whenever that is....

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Cheers lan, And thanks l'm OK with the buildings but the M/N is a bag full of problems first was the plunger pick-ups, they were far too tight as the wheels could not turn and the valve gear is broken in all the awkward places were l have to build bits to replace, oh well take my time and plod on Hahaha.

• Friendly/supportive 2

25 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Cheers lan, And thanks l'm OK with the buildings but the M/N is a bag full of problems first was the plunger pick-ups, they were far too tight as the wheels could not turn and the valve gear is broken in all the awkward places were l have to build bits to replace, oh well take my time and plod on Hahaha.

I usually cut the springs in half on plunger pickups to stop that happening but I only have experience of Slaters

Paul R

• Informative/Useful 1

30 minutes ago, pwr said:

I usually cut the springs in half on plunger pickups to stop that happening but I only have experience of Slaters

Paul R

Cheers for the tip Paul, will keep it in mind for the future projects.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1