Moss Lane (7mm Micro-Layout) NOW SOLD

georgeT

Having lost a lot of enthusiasm latley on 'Moss Lane' l have decided to move it on to someone who has shown a lot of interest in it lately as it is without the buildings, so after a bit of haggling l have sold 'Moss Lane', so whats next ?  maybe a small diesel depot were no wagons and coaches are involved ?...

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• georgeT changed the title to Moss Lane (7mm Micro-Layout) NOW SOLD

Wow, George that seems sudden.  Perhaps for the best if your mojo has gone walkabout.

I'm kind of in favour of a freight only layout.  Passenger ops don't offer much of interest.  Train pulls in, loco runs round and reattaches, train pulls out.  Passenger stock is nice to see and I have some (enough I think).

As for stock, yes, 0 gauge locos are very dear, Heljan anyway.  It really focuses the mind on what you REALLY need instead of buying everything that comes out as some in 00 seem to do.

I've been doing 0 for about 6 years and in that time I've built up a very diverse fleet of freight stock.  Some RTR but mostly kits.  My recollection is that basic wagons have always had a price point of ~40.00, whether RTR or kit.  My preference is kit I think.

Problem now is that I probably have all the stock I need, what to do?  :sclerosis: I'm always on the lookout for interesting wagons.

ATB

John

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Having lost a lot of enthusiasm latley on 'Moss Lane' l have decided to move it on to someone who has shown a lot of interest in it lately as it is without the buildings, so after a bit of haggling l have sold 'Moss Lane', so whats next ?  maybe a small diesel depot were no wagons and coaches are involved ?...

Glad its gone for you mate, now you can move on to your favourite type of Layout, a nice Depot.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, brossard said:

It really focuses the mind on what you REALLY need instead of buying everything that comes out as some in 00 seem to do.

I agree having got 2 50’s, EWS 37, and a 45 all of which either never ran or are out of era….because they were there. And I now have more class 33’s that you can throw a stick at, when I was only going to have 3….. hahaha :lol: and now got 2 56’s on order when I only want one…

Edited by 47606odin
  • Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

3 hours ago, 47606odin said:

I agree having got 2 50’s, EWS 37, and a 45 all of which either never ran or are out of era….because they were there. And I now have more class 33’s that you can throw a stick at, when I was only going to have 3….. hahaha :lol: and now got 2 56’s on order when I only want one…

Sorry you can never have too many 56's

Paul R

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

12 hours ago, brossard said:

Wow, George that seems sudden.  Perhaps for the best if your mojo has gone walkabout.

I'm kind of in favour of a freight only layout.  Passenger ops don't offer much of interest.  Train pulls in, loco runs round and reattaches, train pulls out.  Passenger stock is nice to see and I have some (enough I think).

As for stock, yes, 0 gauge locos are very dear, Heljan anyway.  It really focuses the mind on what you REALLY need instead of buying everything that comes out as some in 00 seem to do.

I've been doing 0 for about 6 years and in that time I've built up a very diverse fleet of freight stock.  Some RTR but mostly kits.  My recollection is that basic wagons have always had a price point of ~40.00, whether RTR or kit.  My preference is kit I think.

Problem now is that I probably have all the stock I need, what to do?  :sclerosis: I'm always on the lookout for interesting wagons.

ATB

John

Hi John, l know what you mean about wagons as l have followed your wagon threads many a time, the big problem with O gauge is many of us just dont have the room we would like and can never make the layout we dream of, l bought two coaches thinking it would be ok, (Wrong) with a class 37 you are looking at nearly 5' long and on a scenic layout of 10' it looked silly, so l think l will be modelling a small diesel depot from now on...l also have a 56 and 66 on order (WHY) l ask myself Hahahaha...

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

16 hours ago, georgeT said:

EEEEEK that was sudden George.  Will it still show on here to follow its progress, I hope so.

Well I look forward to your next layout build but will that follow on from here maybe entitled Moss Lane Depot .

Keep searching for your mojo and when you find it put a link on here so I can follow your next build please as you're one of the ones that helps me to keep hold of my layout build mojo.

best

Edited by Barnaby
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, georgeT said:

Is this Andy P in disguise ?? :fie:!!! Sorry to hear this George, it was coming on a treat.

Good luck with the next adventure then

Best regards

Craig.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, georgeT said:

Hi John, l know what you mean about wagons as l have followed your wagon threads many a time, the big problem with O gauge is many of us just dont have the room we would like and can never make the layout we dream of, l bought two coaches thinking it would be ok, (Wrong) with a class 37 you are looking at nearly 5' long and on a scenic layout of 10' it looked silly, so l think l will be modelling a small diesel depot from now on...l also have a 56 and 66 on order (WHY) l ask myself Hahahaha...

We are all space constrained I think, unless you are Pete Waterman.  <_<

I am fortunate to have space for a 21' long layout, incl. sector plate.

IMO, the thing to be doing is to show the community what can be done in a small space.  There are a fair number of these around and I have something in the works.  This will dispel the notion that you need a very large space in which to do 0 and perhaps draw in more people.  The roundy roundy gang will still be out of luck I fear.

I'll be keeping an eye on your work.

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, gismorail said:

You been mixing with the wrong sort George ....again :sarcastic: that Peter's fellow from Ampshire :crazy: To be fair if your hearts not into the subject move on ...NEXT...look forward to be new adventure :drink_mini:

Hello Martin, l lost the mojo long before Bodgit started his sell off, the good thing is l am still modelling in O gauge, just need to get mind on something l enjoy, thats why l think a depot of sorts is the answer?..

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, pwr said:

For Sale

2nd Hand Mojo's - one careful owner. 

Full service  history, boxed and 3 month warranty. Postage Extra but can arrange next day delivery.

Apply by DM!

Spot on buddy..

2 hours ago, brossard said:

We are all space constrained I think, unless you are Pete Waterman.  <_<

I am fortunate to have space for a 21' long layout, incl. sector plate.

IMO, the thing to be doing is to show the community what can be done in a small space.  There are a fair number of these around and I have something in the works.  This will dispel the notion that you need a very large space in which to do 0 and perhaps draw in more people.  The roundy roundy gang will still be out of luck I fear.

I'll be keeping an eye on your work.

John

l take your point john, l have built plenty of depot layouts in the past, but never in O gauge, so l am doodling all possible options as to a track plan, but no more extending fiddle yards...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, muddys-blues said:

Is this Andy P in disguise ?? :fie:!!! Sorry to hear this George, it was coming on a treat.

Good luck with the next adventure then

Best regards

Craig.

hello craig, l was never happy with the points l had built, just didn't file enough away on the point blades and they needed lots of adjustments, plus l never motorised them causing all sorts of trouble, so l have loads of peco track to use this time.. 

• Like 3

George,

I like your idea of a small diesel depot.

This could include a small roofless ex steam shed housing the diesels.  You could go to town on its internal detail with everything on show.

The possibilities are limitless!

Ian.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Ian Major said:

George,

I like your idea of a small diesel depot.

This could include a small roofless ex steam shed housing the diesels.  You could go to town on its internal detail with everything on show.

The possibilities are limitless!

Ian.  

Great minds think alike lan, l like the idea of an old steam shed, well done .

• Like 4

1 hour ago, georgeT said:

Great minds think alike lan, l like the idea of an old steam shed, well done .

A FULL interior with all the signs, tools and every day things inside and out. sounds good to me.

Taking a leaf out of Trevor Toon's OO Gauge Shed, from my Swad Lane maybe?

1044875558_photo9.JPG.183420f046def7bc2f403f603a33309f.JPG

230207484_photo12.JPG.a188fffb766f40c88842cddbaf671101.JPG

1337777054_photo11.JPG.09c8e431166316cdb8e5a776864fe001.JPG

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

A FULL interior with all the signs, tools and every day things inside and out. sounds good to me.

Taking a leaf out of Trevor Toon's OO Gauge Shed, from my Swad Lane maybe?

1044875558_photo9.JPG.183420f046def7bc2f403f603a33309f.JPG

230207484_photo12.JPG.a188fffb766f40c88842cddbaf671101.JPG

1337777054_photo11.JPG.09c8e431166316cdb8e5a776864fe001.JPG

Inspirational stuff there Bodgit, plenty to think about, thanks mate..

• Like 2

On 24/08/2021 at 14:33, georgeT said:

Now l have started some work on 'Moss Lane' doing the mortar on the buildings with very watered down white acrylic, and it looks good when dry and takes no time at all to do...

DSC07526.JPG

DSC07527.JPG

DSC07528.JPG

DSC07529.JPG

DSC07530.JPG

DSC07531.JPG

DSC07532.JPG

George just a quick question on the next to last of your pictures in this post.  It shows some labelling on stock drawers in the background which looks like a Dymo tool labeller or similar was used.  Which one did you use as I want to sort out my work room so probably a portable label printer will be best for me.

Best