Moss Lane (7mm Micro-Layout) NOW SOLD

georgeT

31 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

George just a quick question on the next to last of your pictures in this post.  It shows some labelling on stock drawers in the background which looks like a Dymo tool labeller or similar was used.  Which one did you use as I want to sort out my work room so probably a portable label printer will be best for me.

Best

Hello barnaby, l always make my workshop nice, neat and tidy everything has a label so l know where everything is (or should be) Hahaha, l make my labels using my computer on white paper, the type is (Times New Roman) (Size 24) (Bold) and then double sided tape on the back, then cut to size, works every time, hope this helps Buddy...

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

10 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Having seen George‘s workshop I can attest to how clean and organised it is. I hope to aspire to the same.

Cheers , Ade.

I find trying to keep mine tidy a losing battle.  I clear off the workbench now and again but it isn't long before it's a tip again.

I do keep things in specific boxes.  I have so much stuff I have to have some sort of organization.

John

• Like 1

Yes gents I strive to be neat and tidy but even my layout build slows down and the boards become a shelf table and so the clutter grows.  I also a bit like brossard in that the shed fairies make an untidy mess over night.

I have got plenty of plastic sealable boxes that stack up quite well but my black pen writing is not neat enough but Georges labelling looks superb.

I think I could tell the wife I've got the labeller for her to label up her garden bits in her shed then borrow it for my shed labelling. :good:

Edited by Barnaby

1 hour ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Having seen George‘s workshop I can attest to how clean and organised it is. I hope to aspire to the same.

Cheers , Ade.

Hi Ade, the secret is if you get a tool out to use, then use it but then put it back soon after use...takes practice but you will get there..

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, pwr said:

How about Colchester depot - the modern one on the London side of the station. Small two road depot - ideal for a micro

Paul R

Nice idea Paul, but l want to model something out of my head, that way you wont get pulled up if something is wrong ? Hahahaha

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

19 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Far better idea mate.:good:

Hello @Andrew P hope you are well ..... it has been noticed by other Member's of the Ex-Welsh meet up Group, that you are loitering around a lot in the 7mm section these days !!! Is one from 'Ampshur thinking of going O gauge soon ????? :D

Stay safe

Mr P. Pan of Pwllheli ;)

Edited by muddys-blues
To correct the name of the right person who’s post was meant for !!
  • Funny 3