Moss Lane (7mm Micro-Layout) NOW SOLD

georgeT

12 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Top brick-work painting George that looks excellent. 

Best

Hello Barnaby, Not my idea, l saw a video from lan (47606 odin), l used red oxide as a base and then when dry added poly-filla to finish...messy but worth it...

Today l have started the station end which is the access to fiddle yard No 1, l know the bus is out of era but its the only 1-43 scale bus l could find, so shes on her way to a bus rally ?

DSC07384.JPG

DSC07385.JPG

DSC07386.JPG

DSC07387.JPG

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, 37114 said:

Correct although not as smart as that one!

Thanks for the conformation 37114, l know l have to remove the yellow windows at the top deck  making it all over red and tone her down a little with some subtle weathering...looking for a cheap Green Line RT next ?...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Thanks for the conformation 37114, l know l have to remove the yellow windows at the top deck  making it all over red and tone her down a little with some subtle weathering...looking for a cheap Green Line RT next ?...

Yep, the yellow band needs to go as well, by 1979 they had the white LT roundel applied.  The wheel trims at the back had been binned by then as well although you may want to overlook that.

• Informative/Useful 1

On 10/05/2021 at 11:56, georgeT said:

Hello Barnaby, Not my idea, l saw a video from lan (47606 odin), l used red oxide as a base and then when dry added poly-filla to finish...messy but worth it...

Thanks George, I follow Ian who does have some swish ideas but I was waiting to see how you managed it :swoon:,  I'll be collecting some on my next DIY store visit. :sungum: 

Regards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To be really honest Barnaby its really hard to get a good finish other than on plain walls, as its hard to get it into awkward corners etc etc, so l am trying some brick plasticard from Hobby Holidays, see where we go with this... Regards

DSC07389.JPG

DSC07390.JPG

Edited by georgeT
  • Like 2

Modern busses (anything 70's to now) in 7mm are a bit of a nightmare to find and at a reasonable price, this is a re-worked Hachette coach. Not so much 70's but late 80's early 90's. Original Euro spec in the background. They're still about on ebay and I can point you towards the chap who did the transfers if its of interest. 

124710200_BUS9.jpg.acd7a268e320d8e1dc0689b735dfb3ee.jpg

• Like 4

12 hours ago, D6775 said:

Modern busses (anything 70's to now) in 7mm are a bit of a nightmare to find and at a reasonable price, this is a re-worked Hachette coach. Not so much 70's but late 80's early 90's. Original Euro spec in the background. They're still about on ebay and I can point you towards the chap who did the transfers if its of interest. 

124710200_BUS9.jpg.acd7a268e320d8e1dc0689b735dfb3ee.jpg

Thanks for the input Alister, much appreciated l have driven buses for 45 yrs, so l know a little about buses, and the bus l would love would be a Leyland national in O gauge ? but it would probably be a white metal kit l guess, as you say, buses in O gauge are hard to find, and if you do find one they are expensive...with the transfers do you know where could l get the transfers to put the RT l have into the late 70s livery ?   Regards

25 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Thanks for the input Alister, much appreciated l have driven buses for 45 yrs, so l know a little about buses, and the bus l would love would be a Leyland national in O gauge ? but it would probably be a white metal kit l guess, as you say, buses in O gauge are hard to find, and if you do find one they are expensive...with the transfers do you know where could l get the transfers to put the RT l have into the late 70s livery ?   Regards

There is a National available via Steve Beattie but it is a resin kit and unfortunately (based on the photos on his website) is not the best with some distortion in the castings.

1 hour ago, 37114 said:

There is a National available via Steve Beattie but it is a resin kit and unfortunately (based on the photos on his website) is not the best with some distortion in the castings.

Thanks for that Al, l think l saw him at Bristol last year...

32 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

What sort of Window / Brick / Canopy design are you thinking of, Southern, Midland or Western Region?

Hi Andy, South london area 33s and RTs ?...

• Like 1

On 12/05/2021 at 07:41, 37114 said:

Yeah, the castings are shall we say a little rough round the edges & not really worth the £65 asking price. Steve is doing some of his road vehicles in 3D printed Resin and they look much better, here's hoping he'll do the National too and it may be worth the price tag!

• Informative/Useful 1