Moss Lane (7mm Micro-Layout) NOW SOLD

georgeT

I agree about small is good, but it is restrictive, My Fiddle Yards are just over 42 inches, and it will just take a 37 and two OAA / VAA etc. 

The extra width should help with the Parcels Siding, will you be getting a nice Red Royal Mail Parcels Railcar mate?

image.png.b16a51a1c7f85b3f8d94e5c53fde891b.png

On 26/03/2021 at 13:56, georgeT said:

As l said 'ML' is getting bigger, as l have built an extra piece on to it, l think it will give much more variety in movements, we'll see...

Ha ha ha ha ..... you sound like that Bloke who used to live in Swadling something or other, but he 'as gorn orf back darn sarf Mate .... ;)

Looks great George, has me ticking in my empty head

Craig.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

12 minutes ago, muddys-blues said:

Ha ha ha ha ..... you sound like that Bloke who used to live in Swadling something or other, but he 'as gorn orf back darn sarf Mate .... ;)

Looks great George, has me ticking in my empty head

Craig.

I've still not worked out how a 7mm Mogul fits with a 4mm Class 24,:banghead:

Confused of Cowplain.:dancer::swoon:

• Funny 2

On 27/03/2021 at 16:20, Andrew P said:

I agree about small is good, but it is restrictive, My Fiddle Yards are just over 42 inches, and it will just take a 37 and two OAA / VAA etc. 

The extra width should help with the Parcels Siding, will you be getting a nice Red Royal Mail Parcels Railcar mate?

image.png.b16a51a1c7f85b3f8d94e5c53fde891b.png

l don't think so Andy, l have a couple of slaters bogie vans to make up soon and they will be painted BR Blue and very grubby?

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, georgeT said:

l don't think so Andy, l have a couple of slaters bogie vans to make up soon and they will be painted BR Blue and very grubby?

Sounds like a Plan, then shunted with a grubby 08.:good:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, auld_boot said:

If space is tight in your bay platform you could gain an inch by chopping that buffer stop!  If the attachment works I mean something like these

post-4435-0-92325800-1540491700.jpg

Nice idea, I've also seen them without the lower front Rail supports, and the Beam and Buffers mounted direct to the wall.

• Like 1

Very tasty indeed George, it's an art form and beautiful work.

When I'm building the layout I have every tool I've collected over the last 55 years out on top of my board. 

The layout has become a shelf, a table, somewhere to place my food and drinks and all my part builds, somewhere to scribble notes, bit of a nightmare really while your build looks clean and white. 

Deffo have to have a go with a white base board very smart.

Best

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Looks really good mate, What Ballast will you use, I find O Gauge a bit to course  and use OO and mainly Gaugemaster when I can?

Thanks Buddy think l will listen to you on this subject...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Very tasty indeed George, it's an art form and beautiful work.

When I'm building the layout I have every tool I've collected over the last 55 years out on top of my board. 

The layout has become a shelf, a table, somewhere to place my food and drinks and all my part builds, somewhere to scribble notes, bit of a nightmare really while your build looks clean and white. 

Deffo have to have a go with a white base board very smart.

Best

Thanks for the thumbs up Barnaby, l thought the white foam board would help in keeping every thing nice, smooth and quiet, it seems to be working so far everything has been stuck down with PVA or superglue.

Edited by georgeT
  • Like 2